Chapter One: Part Three

Her nimble fingers cleaned the rest of the blood that had gushed from Alan's nose

Her nimble fingers cleaned the rest of the blood that had gushed from Alan's nose. It had become another crimson stain on the man's shirt. He held a cold cloth to his nose before Emmy removed it and her brown eyes began scanning the damage that had been done.

"I can't believe that asshole punched me" Alan huffed as he sat on the edge of the cot facing the brunette.

"Well, you were pushing him" Emmy gave a shrug as she turned her back to the man setting aside the now bloodied cloths.

"Don't get all high and mighty just because you're Daniels, daughter, Em" the man spoke the hostility practically spitting from his mouth. Emmy didn't reply she could hear him let out a grunt clearly thinking he had shut the girl up.

"Looks like your nose is broken" her voice suddenly fell cold as she turned back to face the older man.

"No shit" he scoffed rolling his dark eyes at the young girl's assessment.

"I can fix it" with a smirk that curled on the corner of her lips she took Alan by the surprise her hands either side of his face and her thumbs in place a loud crack erupted from her swift move of cracking the nose back into place.

"Fuck!" the man screamed out at the girls actions his hands frantically clutching at his face as soon as she had stepped away.

"All done" she spoke oddly chipper about the whole situation as though she had just applied a bandaid to a small child.

"Fuckin' hell, Em" he growled but the words muffled from his hands still holding his face.

"Its fixed isn't it" she spoke harshly as she walked to a cabinet and pulled out some pain killers from the man.

"Bitch.." the older man mumbled in a disgruntled tone but the brunette just rolled her eyes and set down two tablets for him.

"Make sure you keep something cold on that nose too" she flashed a smug grin but the guy just growled snatching the tablets and storming out of the room. As soon as he was out of sight Emmy let out a breath as though she was holding it before leaving the room herself to the one next door. Emmy gently knocked before turning the doorknob. "Why is Alan such a dick" Emmy sighed but to the short brunettes surprise the doctor wasn't on the other side. Instead, the blue-eyed stranger sat perched on the cot and as soon as he caught the girl in his sight he seemed to start observing. As though taking her in yet holding a distant and guarded exterior.

"I'm sorry... I was looking for Doctor Mareno" she was a little startled by the unfamiliar face. He gave a firm nod of his head the deep pools of blue that were his eyes seemed to tathe filled with curiosity. As though he had to take everything in so deeply. "I'm sorry... About Alan, he's kind of—"

"A dick" he finished the sentence a smirk playing on his lips and one of his eyebrows ticked a little to raise. Emmy couldn't control a reciprocative smile forming.

"Em, What are you doing in here?" Doctor Mareno suddenly spoke as she entered the room her warm presence easily noticeable in a room.

"I was just looking for you... But umm..." her eyes lingered to the stranger in curiosity "I will talk you later" was all the brunette said before quickly leaving the doctor to deal with her patient.

:::