Chapter Three: Part Ten

"So this place isn't so bad" Emmy gave a shrug before dropping another piece of chocolate into her mouth and revelling in the sweet taste swelling on her tongue. She hadn't realised how much she had missed the small treats.

"Are you going to eat the whole store?" Chris questioned as he sunk his teeth into long sugar-coated sick of candy.

"I wouldn't mind..." Emmy couldn't help but grin but she simply shook her head letting some of the brunette tendrils flick across her face "of course not. I will back some up for the others at home."

"How do you think Kai is doing?" Daisy questioned glancing out the front store window.

"I'm sure he will get us back on track" Emmy as always playing camp cheerleader.

"It's getting late too" Chris signalled. The three of them now gathering by the window and Emmy taking in the pink and orange swirl of the sky above them.

"We should have been out of here like two hours ago" Daisy seemed almost nervous over the matter but both Chris and Daisy seemed to simultaneously turn to Emmy for a solution which the brunette found hard to ignore.

"Fine... I will check" the smaller girl sighed dropping one last piece of the creamy chocolate into her mouth. As soon as she got outside she could hear Kai cursing out the large machine as he stood in front of the open hood. She took large strides to the vehicle to notice Troy standing by but it was hard not to notice the annoyance on his face which caused a sigh to break its way from Emmy's lips.

"We either get this thing done now or we will be walking our arses back" he had a certain stance making it obvious when he was irritated a slight turn of his body not fully facing what bothered him, he would stand tall with the familiar furrow of his brow while his arms would hang by his sides. It was almost defensive as though if annoyed enough he could easily strike.

"Yeah, I got that thanks, pretty boy. You wanna haul your arse up and help then?" Kai shot back but seemed to remain focused on the task at hand.

"Hey come on chill guys" Emmy spoke once she was closer causing both men to glance in her direction.

"You wanna get your boyfriend to stop riding me, Em?" Kai huffed before turning back to focus.

Troy's mouth opened to speak but it quickly closed when he felt slender fingers wrap around his bicep causing his gaze to turn once again seeing Emmy now by his side her grip on his arm not forceful but enough for him to understand she wants his attention. He let her lead him a few feet away from where she relinquished her hold.

"It's no good if you're hovering over him" Emmy spoke her tone serious but fell quietly ensuring the conversation private between the pair.

"We need to get out of here, Em" his reply was short and held a tone of irritation.

"I know, we all know, Troy but we need to take a step back" her dark eyes scanned the surroundings "we need a plan. Our other plan has fallen through and we won't make it back to camp before nightfall so..." a thin smile formed once her gaze went back to the tall figure in front of her.

"What do you suggest then?"

"You're always a man with a plan Troy" she made a more playful attempt on the matter. Which seemed to work noticing his posture relaxing. He released a heavy breath as his own eyes seemed to search their surroundings.

"There was a mechanics near where we came in there was a tow truck parked out the front. If we backtrack, take it and tow the truck back there" he explained his mind seeming to go over what he was saying.

"It's going to run late. We will have to sleep here" Emmy added and his brow was quick to flinch clearly not liking the idea "We don't have a choice. The trucks not working it will need time for repairs. At least if we rest the night we will have a fresh start tomorrow" she spoke her chestnut orbs searching his face for reason.