Chapter Two: Part Twelve

Emmy was reaching up, her fingertips holding closed the sheet of metal. If she wasn't wearing gloves surely it would have burnt her skin from the harsh sunlight heating the metal of the fence. Troy stood just behind her his long slender arms reaching above her head as he set it back into place. The small brunette couldn't even hide the unimpressed look on her face as the task seemed to linger on forever. Troy's hot breath against the back of her neck just causing more discomfort than she was already in as sweat was already beading from her skin.

 Troy's hot breath against the back of her neck just causing more discomfort than she was already in as sweat was already beading from her skin

"Almost done?" Emmy questioned.

"Just about" Troy replied flatly. Brows furrowed as focused closely on the task.

"Thanks for helping us Troy" Sarah had her usual chipper demeanour as she stood just beside Emmy helping hold the piece together.

Troy simply gave a nod before taking a step back his arms falling to rest on his hips "well now..ah you're all set."

"How does further up look?" Sarah asked as she began searching for more holes.

"Definitely needs to be fortified but not to bad" he spoke as his blue eyes wandered the fencing observing it.

"Suddenly an expert?" Emmy questioned a single eyebrow-raising as she made eye contact with the tall ash-blonde.

"In somethings"

"Do you need help up there?" Sarah suddenly asked.

"No, no... I think I got it covered" he spoke before he began walking away before suddenly stopping mid-step. The blue eyes of the young man shot to Emmy which made her inadvertently gulp "if I need a hand I'll be sure to call out."

"He seems like a nice guy" Sarah spoke as soon Troy had walked away.

"Yeah... He does seem like one" Emmy softly said turning back beginning to get back to work.

"Are you sure there isn't anything..." a playful smile curling on dry lips.

"No, nothing" Emmy was quick to dismiss with a shake of her head.

"You know what they say when someone is so easy to dismiss something" Sarah let out a giggle. In some ways, the teenager was still so much like a child.

"Shut up" Emmy couldn't help but laugh herself "get back to work would you."

:::

The day carried on and the sun was now high in the sky casting down its unforgivable heat. Emmy brushed a hand over her forehead attempting to remove some sweat that was running along her pale skin but to no avail as the rest of her was glistening from the heavy coat on her skin which was starting to redden deeper than the slight burn from before. It had been a long morning and the girl's mood was heading to borderline hostile.

"We should head back soon, Em. We are out of water" Sarah said turning her flustered face to the brunette who kept herself busy tightening the loose wiring at the lower part of the fence. Dirt covering the petite girl's legs and any part her glossy skin came in contact with the ground.