Chapter Three: Part Five

"Okay, MacGyver what's the plan?"

"We lure them... In here" Emmy replied very matter of fact not seeming fazed of the danger ahead.

"Lure them in here?... I'm sorry in here where we are?" Kai spoke in disbelief of the girl's idea.

"We lure them in the opposite side while we get out this side" she directed to the closed shutters in front of them "the radiator is on which means there is still some electricity. The shutters are electric so we find the control for the shutters open the door over there let them in while we leave here and close up behind us. We are making our way to the entrance so we don't need to come back this way anyway" Emmy simply explained her wide unblinking eyes remaining on Kai waiting for his response to her plan.

"Okay..." he let out a heavy breath he knew better than to argue with Emmy plus she had never steered him wrong before. The tiny brunette was someone he would always trust with his life "how do we lure them in."

"Noise... A lot of noise."

...

The pair had searched the entire store, eyes scanning the shelves for anything they could use and gathering any device they could that would cause some sort of disturbance and piling as many as they could into one of few shopping carts that wasn't damaged. Radios, children's toys anything they could get their hands on. Ripping them from the packaging and putting in batteries the duo busied themselves with the plan to get out of the supermarket and into the shopping complex.

"Are you ready?" Kai asked as they stood at the end of the frozen food aisle. The smell of off dairy products lingered in the air with the long aisle behind them filled with curdled milk and mould beginning to form.

"I'm ready" Emmy gave a firm nod.

"Did you find the remote for the shutters?" he questioned as he turned his gaze to her.

"Wasnt hard to find" she replied lifting the small remote from her jean pocket "They must have been closing them when... Well... Everything happened."

"Okay then..." Kai let a nervous breath into the air while his grip tightened on the rail of the cart "Let's do it" the two began turning on everything in the shopping cart though the radios only played static it filled the store with noise which quickly gained the attention of the dead. The side shutters beginning to rattle for their desperation to enter and with a forceful shove Kai pushed the cart across the tiled flooring, the wheels squeaking as it rolled closer to the entrance and crashing into one of the check out counters. The noise growing louder by the doorway and the dead groaning, while boney fingers clawed at the metal hoping for entrance. Kai and Emmy raced across the back of the floor trying to remain unnoticed as they hid in the shadows on the opposite side of the store. Emmy held the remote in a steady grasp while a finger lingered over the button for shutters furthest of the entryway.