Chapter XI

Aubrey's POV

It's a new day and I wake up to a warm bed after an amazing night's sleep. I had the best time yet again with Stacie and my feelings for her have only intensified. She's so smart, witty, and amazing. I've never met anyone like her and I have no idea why she's still into me. She's told me why but I'm still shocked by it. A lot of people don't like me hence why Chloe is my only best friend and friend for that matter. She's the only one who has stuck by me throughout my life but in saying that, I have always been a work-orientated person so carving time out to make friends wasn't something on my mind let alone relationships.

I'm so comfy in my bed right now. My bed is the perfect temperature, my body is comfortable in every way, and Stacie's arms that pull me in closer to her body makes me feel like I'm in heaven. Wait... Stacie... My alarm... It didn't go off... Shit! I fling my eyes open and look at my clock.

"Shit!"

I'm late! Dammit! I go to move out of bed but Stacie pulls me in tighter and moans at me. As much as I'd love to stay in bed all morning, possibly all day, and cuddle with her and more, I have to meet Chloe and I'm running late. Late! Me, of all people!

"Mm... That was rude..." Stacie mumbles as I start getting dressed.

"I'm sorry but I'm late to meet Chloe and I'm never late."

"Well, you must have had a good night then to make you sleep through your alarm..."

I look over at Stacie and see her smirking at me with a half-asleep smile and it's so damn sexy and cute at the same time. She looks so good in my bed. World-famous model Stacie Conrad is in my bed. A woman that people would kill and die for to have her in their own bed. I feel like I've triumphed or something. I'm not exactly sure what this feeling is but it's nice.

"Don't look so proud, Conrad, I was quite tired after a long day," I tease.

"Sure, sure," she chuckles.

Yes, Stacie and I slept together again last night. I didn't want to. I mean, I did but I wanted to take things slow and do things right with Stacie but one thing led to another and... well, let's just say it was pretty much a repeat of our first night together. I don't know how she does it but Stacie Conrad always manages to unhinge me and make me weak in the knees. It's as if all of my stresses have dissolved and there's no such thing as responsibility and I've only been with her twice! I just hope she feels the same way about me. I hope so since she's here in my bed but then again... who knows? Anyway, I don't have time to think about that right now. I've got to finish getting ready and meet with Chloe.

"When are you going to be back? It's Sunday," Stacie mumbles, lying on her back and rubbing her eyes.

"It won't take too long. I just have to go over her week with her since things were a little messy last week and things pop up at the last minute."

"Nice, so I can take you out on a date then afterward? Perhaps dinner?"

I step into my heels and look at Stacie again who's smiling at me with her charming smile. How is it possible for someone to look so beautiful as her when they wake up?

"Dinner?"

"Yeah, I think if we're going to start having a relationship, we need to go out on dates. What do you say? I'll make us a reservation somewhere nice, or casual - it's up to you. Just let me know what you're in the mood for and I'll make it happen."

"The perks of being rich and famous."

She chuckles at me. "Trust me, it has its downs just as much as its ups. So, what do you say?"