Chapter XLVIII

Chloe's POV

"MOMMY!"

I hear Emily's sweet voice and I turn around and see her run towards me with a bunch of kids following behind her.

"EMILY!" I race over to her and take her in my arms while Sergeant Adams and her team collect the kids and take them. "Oh, my girl... My sweet, baby girl..."

She starts crying into my shoulder and I start crying into hers.

"Are you okay?" I pull away from her and wipe her tears away.

"Yeah," she nods and that's when I see a mark on her face.

"What happened to you, baby?"

"D, d, daddy hit me," she sniffs.

My heart sinks. "He... he hit you?"

She nods, bursting out into tears again. "I said I wanted to go home. I wanted to see you and mama but he hit me."

"Oh, baby," I pull her back into my arms. "I'm so sorry, baby. I'm SO sorry."

"I missed you and mama."

"We missed you, too, baby. We missed you so much." I pull her back and kiss her face.

She looks tired and hungry and I can't imagine how she's feeling right now. My poor baby girl... I feel horrible but I'm so glad she's back with me and safe.

"Come on, baby." I stand and pick her up.

"Wait! Mama said she was coming, too."

"She did?"

"Ah-huh. She said she was."

"I'm sure she'll be out soon, baby."

"Alright, everyone, let's get in there!" Sergeant Adams orders as she and her team approach the building that Emily and the kids left.

"Sergeant Adams!" I rush over to her. "Is Beca still in there?"

"Yes. We're storming the place now. Get back over there. This is may ger dangerous. An officer will escort you somewhere safe."

"But what about Beca? She needs to be with us!"

"Go, Miss Beale!"

"This way, ma'am," an officer grabs me and pulls me away.

"Wait! Sergeant Adams! Beca!"

~

Beca's POV

"Quite the hero, aren't you?" Tom smirks as he stands across from me and I want nothing more than to wipe it off his face with my fist.

"Quite the asshole, aren't you?" I retort.

He chuckles. "You know you're not leaving here alive, right?"

"Neither are you. Do what you want to me. Emily is safe so that's all I care about."

"You took away my big score, Mitchell. Now, you're gonna pay for that."

"Your big score? Selling my daughter is your big score? You're fucking sick."

"Your daughter? Get over yourself, Mitchell."

"Tom! What is taking so long? We need to go now!" A woman bursts through the door and just when I thought my day couldn't get any worse, I see her.

"Mom?" I utter.

She turns to me and her eyes widen. "Beca?"

"Wait... Beca's your daughter?" Tom says increduously.