Chapter LVII

Chloe's POV

It's a beautiful day because today is Beca's birthday and I get to celebrate it with her as does Emily. Beca didn't want a massive fuss for her birthday, which I think is ridiculous but it IS her day so I've just organised something small with friends. I've invited Aubrey and Stacie, of course then Sergeant Adams and Officer Hobart. Beca doesn't spend much time with them and I remember her telling me that she wished they did so I thought it would be nice for them to come. So, there's only seven of us but that's okay with Beca. I wanted to invite Beca's parents but she said they were going to take her out for a special parent/daughter dinner instead, which is nice.

Emily has been my little helper throughout the week getting Beca's party ready. She's been so excited about it. Emily loves birthdays. She loves anything she can celebrate where there will be fun and food and don't even get me started on Christmas. It's Emily's favourite time of the year and I hope that never changes. She loves everything about it and she's so grateful for everything she gets. As a mom, it makes me want to buy her more and more. Last Christmas, however, I was the one who had to tell Beca not to go overboard since she bought Emily so much stuff. She even bought her stuff without me knowing so when it was Christmas morning, the presents had doubled and the majority of them were for Emily. I was speechless and I think Emily was, too until Beca got her toy after toy and Emily was so happy. I swear Beca would buy her every toy in the world if she could.

Right now, I'm watching the birthday girl sleep peacefully in my arms. I'm stroking her hair and placing tender kisses on her head every now and then. I could just stay here forever. I love mornings like this. Mornings where Beca and I just hold each other and fall in and out of sleep without a care in the world. She really is the most precious person in the world to me, excluding Emily, of course. I could lose my career, my money, my things and I'd still be okay as long as I had Beca and Emily. Without them, life wouldn't be worth living. They make me so happy and they make me a better person each day.

"Mm..." Beca turns gently in my arms.

I watch and wait to see if she's just getting comfortable or if she's waking up and it's the latter since she continues to move and grumbles.

"Good morning, birthday girl," I greet.

"Mm... Good morning, Chlo..." She nuzzles her face in my chest, pecking it in the process.

"Are you excited about today?"

"Mm... I suppose..."

"Oh, don't be like that. It's your birthday!"

"It's just another day, Chlo."

"Beca Mitchell! I ought to give you a smack on the ass for that!"

Beca laughs then skims her nose along my neck. "Well then, I think I'd like my first present of the day now..." She purrs and starts kissing my neck.

"I think that can be arranged..."

Her lips meet mine and I push her onto her back where we quickly undress, allowing me to give Beca her first birthday present.

~

"Happy birthday, mama!" Emily rushes over to Beca once we come downstairs.

"Thank you, champ!" Beca picks her up, giving her a kiss and a cuddle.

"I got you presents!"

"Did you?"

"Ah-huh! Come on!"

Beca puts Emily down so Emily can take her hand and lead her into the living room where we put out Beca's presents the night before.