Chapter 30

Daryl's P.O.V

I lift the bonnet of the car up and begin to check the engine. Michonne is standing next to me, watching me work in silence. I glance at her every now and then, each time she is still looking.

"Whatcha' look in' at?" I ask.

"Nothin'." She says.

I turn back and put the cap back on the hose, I stand up and put the bonnet back down. I wipe my hands on my jeans and head over to the door. At that moment Bob walks over toward us, a backpack on his back.

"You ready?" I ask.

He nods and pats his belt where his gun and knife where, "Yes."

"Well get in, we're leaving." I say.

He walks to the car and gets in the back. I go over and put the tools back in the shed and grab my bag and crossbow. As I go to leave, I see Tyresse standing at the door.

"I want to come with you."

I look at him, "Are you sure you can handle it?"

"Karen and Sasha are in that cell block, I have to try and save her." He pleads.

I nod, understanding where he is coming from.

"Get you're stuff. We're leaving."

He smirks and grabs his bag and gun from the ground. I chuckle and we head off towards the car. I dump my bag in the back and climb into the drivers seat, Michonne in the passenger's seat. I start the car and speed off down the road, Maggie and Rick closing the gates. Once outside the boundary, I press the gas pedal hard and speed off down the highway.

We drive in silence, my mind determined on getting to the veterinary school as fast as I can. My thoughts are constantly filled with the thought of Cat. Is she okay? This thought makes me speed up as I rush to save her. After awhile, Michonne begins to fiddle with the radio.

"I don't know why you're botherin', there's nothin' there." I mutter.

She turns and glares at me but continues to fiddle with the frequency. A moment later a faint voice comes over the radio.

"Did you hear that?" I ask.

Michonne plays with the dial again and the voice becomes slightly clearer.

"...Terminus...arrive...survive..." The radio voices says.

I look up from the radio and slam the breaks. Ahead of us are hundreds of walkers, a few turn and begin to stumble towards us. I put the car into reverse and speed backwards, looking over my shoulder. I swing the car around and floor the gas pedal. The walkers begin to run but are two slow to keep up. I let out a breath of relief and continue driving.

"Did you hear that?" Bob asks.

I glance in the rear view mirror at him.

"I heard it." Michonne says.

"What did it say?" Tyresse asks.

"Terminus." I mutter.

"Terminus?" Bob asks.

"What's Terminus?" Tyresse replies.

"Some sought of refugee camp?" Michonne wonders.

"Who knows? But righ' now we need to focus on gettin' those supplies and savin' our people." I say, pushing the pedal to the floor.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I pull up outside the abandoned building and turn the ignition off. I sit back and take in the dark structure. Windows are broken with darkness inside, the outer facade faded with vines growing on it.

"Did Hershel say where it would be?" Michonne questions.

"The back building." I say.

"What are we looking for exactly?" Tyresse asks.

"Anything we can use, blankets, food, etc. but mostly we are looking for medical supplies, like antibiotics to help the people back at the prison." Bob explains.

We get out of the car and grab our bags for the supplies. I open the front door and look for walkers. There are two at the end of the hall that Tyresse and Michonne take out. We continue walking through the building, taking out walkers as we go. We go outside and walk to the back building. Tyresse walks to the door and opens it quickly. I rush in and take down a lone walker. I walk over and grab my arrow, wiping the blood on the walker's shirt. I slip it back into place and continue walking through the halls.

Upstairs, at the end of the hallway is a laboratory. Bob opens the door and we enter and find the room empty. I sling by crossbow across my back and search supplies. I find bandages, band aids, aspirins and stuff but not antibiotics. I become frustrated and begin to throw things out of the way in my search for the antibiotics, making a loud noise.

"Daryl!" Michonne yells.

I turn and see her frustrated look at my noise. She is standing in front of a cupboard filled with bottles of pills. I walk over and look at the bottles, grabbing all the antibiotics I could find. Michonne grabs the other bottles and places them in her bag. Tyresse is grabbing more from another cabinet, while Bob is grabbing things from behind a counter.

At that moment I hear the moans of walkers fill the silent air. I gesture to Bob to look out into the hall. He looks out and gives me a look of horror. I walk over and see a dozen walkers roaming the hall. One turns and looks at me, blood stains running from its eyes. It slams against the window, attempting to get in.

"Let's go!" I say, walking over to grab my bag.

I take off my crossbow and head out the door at the back of the room. The hallway is dark and is connected to the other one. Walkers begin to walk around the corner towards us. I turn and run in the opposite direction, the others behind me. I turn down another hall but am met with a dead end. To the right there are doors bound with chains and a padlock. I take out bolt cutters and start working on the chains.

"What are you doing?" Bob asks.

"Opening the doors." I say.

"But it's shut, what if their worse than the ones out here." He asks.

"It's try this or figh' our way through the others and there's too many." I say, cutting through one of the chains and I begin to work and the other.

"Walkers!" Tyresse yells.

I glance briefly to see the walkers turning the corner, causing me to work harder at breaking the chain. I hear the sound of walkers falling but ignore them. The door breaks and I open the doors. A few normal walkers pour out and I take them down easy. I grab my bag and run through the doors.

At the edge of the large room is a high window. I drag a table over and using the bolt cutters, I smash the glass of the window. I knock out the remaining glass and climb through. I turn around and help Michonne. I see a walker about to grab Bob but I shoot an arrow. Tyresse grabs the arrow and climbs through the window quickly. He turns helps Bob out of the window just in time from a walker biting him.

Bob stumbles on the way out and falls, his bag falling over the edge. Dozens of walkers are a sea below, snatching at the bag in his hands. Bob fights with them, trying to retrieve the bag from their grasp.

"Just leave it!" Tyresse cries.

Bob continues to latch onto to the bag. I walk over and help him, grabbing ahold of the strap, Tyresse pulling Bob. The bag slips out of the walkers reach and we pull Bob up. I drop the bag and hear the clanging of bottles, I look in and find alcohol bottles. Rage floods through me as I look at Bob.

"This is what you nearly died for?" I sneer.

I go to throw it away when I see Bob grab his gun. I look at him sideways, holding the gun and ready to aim. I walk over to him and knock the gun out of his hand. I get up in his face, looking down on him.

"You wanna kill me for some alcohol asshole? Go ahead."

Tyresse grabs my shoulder and pulls me back. I throw the bags at Bob and spit at his feet. I turn and grab my things, walking towards the car. I hear the mumblings of Tyresse and Bob as I walk away, but see Michonne following me. I jump down from the roof and walk over towards the car, fuming with rage and determination.