Chapter 55

Cat's P.O.V
We sit around in a circle, guns in hand ready to attack. It's decided that they will go and find Garreth and the other Terminus people and kill them, while the rest of us stay here and wait. I nervously pick at my nails as Rick and the others discuss the plans.

"They think they're in control. We're in here and they could be anywhere. But we know exactly where they are. " Rick says, looking around the circle.

"Plan's got stones, I'll give you that." Abraham says.

"Make our move before they do." Glenn states.

"That's right. They're not counting on us thinking straight." Rick agrees.

"Are we? Or are you just making sure it's a big play?" Rosita says.

Rick walks toward her, "Remember what these people are capable of."

He looks around and notices Tyresse sitting off the the side, more quiet than usual.

"Tyresse?" He calls.

"Yeah." He replies.

"You up for this?" Rick asks concerned.

I hear footsteps and see Sasha exit the office, "I'm going with you."

"You should stay with Bob." Tyresse states.

"No. I wanna be out there. I wanna be apart of this." She says before walking back into the office.

Tyresse follows her in and closes the door behind him. I look away and my eyes meet Rick's. He walks over towards me and takes a seat beside me on the pew.

"How're you doing?" He asks.

I sigh, "Not too good."

"He'll be alright. Daryl is the toughest guy I know." He says, squeezing my hand.

"I know. It's just..." I trail off.

"Just what?"

"Why would he leave me? He left without a word and when I need him most, he isn't here." I say the tears begin to fall down my cheek.

"I'm sure he has a good reason, and your fine. They aren't going to get you-"

I cut him off, "You don't understand Rick. You don't know how terrified I am of him, of what he did to me-"

"Who?" He asks.

My chin trembles and I begin to hyperventilate as the images flash through my mind. His dirty hands on my body, his breaths in my ear, his smell all over me.

"Cat!" He says, shaking me.

"Is she alright?" Glenn asks.

"She's freaking out!" Rick yells.

Maggie rushes over and kneels in front of me, "Cat. What's wrong?"

"Please don't let him get me. Please don't let him touch me again." I whisper, my head in my hands.

"Who?" She asks.

"Please don't let him." I repeat over and over again.

"Maggie look after her and calm her down. Everyone get in the office, we're heading out!" Rick commands.

"Come on sweetie. Let's get you in the office." She says.

She stands up and offers me a hand. I take it and stand up slowly. She wraps her arm around my shoulders and leads me towards the office. I look and see Rick talking to the others before, putting on his coat and grabbing his gun.