ƇӇƛƤƬЄƦ 21

Ɩt was several hours past midnight when the celebration had begun to die down. Ben was beginning to feel sleepy, he looked at Rey who was standing next to him, she looked tired too. "You look tired."

She smiled, "so do you."

Ben offered her his arm to escort her to their room. She smiled a little shyly as she took his arm.

As they walked through hallway past groups of lingering guests, Rey looked up at Ben through sleepy eyes. "Thank you for a wonderful evening."

He smiled at her. "Every moment I spend with you is wonderful."

She smiled up at him as they rounded a corner into a dark corridor. Suddenly a figure stepped out of the shadows of an open door on the left. The figure grabbed Rey, pulling her away from him and putting a dagger against her throat.

"Let her go," Ben demanded.

"Or what?" the figure asked.

Ben glared at him and his hand moved towards his sword.

"Don't try anything Ren, or your beloved servant girl will die."

(Art by xWinter-Wolf )

"Hux, I promise if you harm her, I will kill you."

Rey stomped down on his toe hard, and elbowed him in the stomach. He groaned in pain, and doubled over. But he recovered too quickly for her to get away, he struck her in the face, causing tears to sting her eyes. The man pulled her back towards him, pressing the edge of his knife painfully against her neck. The blade was so close to her neck that she could barely breath let alone move without it cutting her.

Ben yelled in anger, and moved to strike Hux for harming her.

"Don't move, or I'll slice her throat," Hux warned.

Ben froze, knowing that Hux wouldn't hesitate to do so.

"Hux was right." Ben turned to see Phasma standing in the hallway. "You have betrayed Snoke for her. You would give up all that we have worked for, for her. What's so special about her?"

"Everything," he answered sincerely.

Rey looked at him, in surprise, with the smallest trace of affection in her eyes.

"Hux, Phasma, we were wrong, but it isn't too late to change," he said.

"Never," Hux replied, grinding the blade a little hard against her neck.

Rey stopped herself from crying out in pain, but a small pain filled gasp escaped from her lips.

"Hux please, I'll do anything, just don't hurt my wife," Ben begged, hearing the pained gasp escape her lips. Tears were threatening to spill from his eyes at the thought of losing her, but he fought them back fiercely knowing that such a sign of weakness would only provoke Hux more.