ƇӇƛƤƬЄƦ 61

Ɯith all of the prisoners freed, including Luke's students and the deserters of Snoke's army, they made their way to the door on the western side of the castle.

When they reached the door, it was guarded by four of Snoke's men.

Christopher, Adren, Darius and a small group of Snoke's men went over to knock the guards out to allow passage to the men waiting outside.

Ben moved to join his brothers in arms, but Rey grabbed his hand to stop him. "You're in no condition to fight, you trained them well, they'll be alright."

He looked at her. "It's not in me to stand back while others fight. I should fight for my kingdom, my people, the ones I love."

She touched his cheek. "You've already fought, for those you love and for the kingdom. Until you get better you need to only fight if it's absolutely necessary. You can barely stand."

He looked down at his wound realizing that she was right, at this point he would only be in the way. If only he could have recovered just a little more before now. He realized that if it wasn't for her helping him, he wouldn't have even made it this far.

The Prince's three knights knocked the guards unconscious without too much noise.

Ben nodded, offering them an approving smile.

Concealed behind the boys' helmets were prideful beams, they always sought their master's approval, it was something that every student wanted from their teacher.

It wasn't long before a faint tap could be heard on the other side of the thick wooden door.

"That must be Finn, open the door," Ben instructed his knights.

They nodded then pulled the heavy door open.

Finn came in with a dozen soldiers pouring in behind him. He hurried over to Rose, placing a gentle kiss on her lips.

She blushed smiling shyly at him before he turned to look at their friends. His eyes landed on Ben, who was leaning on Rey slightly and he was holding his side. And he seemed to be in pain.

"What happened, Ben? Are you okay?"

"I..." Ben began, he didn't want to tell Finn that he'd gotten the injury because he helped him escape, he knew that it would probably make him feel guilty. He looked at Rey for help.

"It's a long story, Finn. We'll tell you later," she said, understanding Ben's hesitation. "But I will say that he's in no condition to fight, he really shouldn't even be out of bed."

Ben smiled at her. "I'll be alright darling." He turned to Finn. "Right now we need to take care of Snoke."

"Oh, I'll take care of him alright," Finn said.

꧁❀꧂

The group made their way through the castle halls towards the throne room. They had to fight a few guards along the way, but the halls were mostly empty since it was late.

They halted just before they reached the throne room.

"Get the King and Queen to safety," said Poe.

"I'm coming with you," Han insisted. "Snoke is going to pay for trying to kill my son."

Poe nodded, seeming to understand his reasoning.

"Ben I think you should stay here," Rey told him. "You're in no condition to fight, I don't want you to get hurt again. Snoke promised that he would kill you if I went to you. If he sees us together, I know he'll try to hurt you."

"Are you going to stay with me?" he asked her peering down at her with his big brown eyes.

She smiled at how adorable he sounded, but her smile quickly faded. "I can't Ben, Snoke is my grandfather. I have to face him, it's my duty."

He grabbed both of her hands to keep her from leaving. "Then I'm coming too. This may be your duty to face him, but it is my duty to protect you."

"Ben..."

"How would I live if something happened to you and I wasn't there to at least try to protect you? You would do the same."

She nodded knowing that she would.

"Don't try to stop me, I would only follow you," he whispered. "You might as well just take me with you. Besides I thought that you weren't going to let me out of your sight." He smirked as he said the last words.

She put her hands on her hips, she couldn't believe that he was using her own words against her.

He peered at her again with those eyes. "Please," he whispered. "I know this won't be easy for you and I just want to be there for you. I won't do anything rash unless it's necessary."

"Why do you have to keep looking at me like that?" She heaved a sigh giving in, knowing that he was right, he would follow her anyway. "Just be careful Ben, I don't want you to rip your stitches."

"I promise I'll be careful," he told her.

She looked at him doubtfully, but she wrapped her arm around his waist to help him into the throne room. Though she was worried about him and she didn't want him to get hurt, she was grateful for his presence. She would have to stand up to her grandfather and whatever the outcome, it wouldn't be easy for her. She didn't say it, but she needed him, she felt stronger when he was at her side. This was one of the moments when she needed him most and somehow he seemed to know it.