ƇӇƛƤƬЄƦ 37

Ƭhey traveled all day until the sun began to set and the road grew too dark to travel. Then they stopped to set camp. They all made themselves busy setting camp, building a fire and preparing the evening meal.

After they finished eating, Ben helped the boys put the food and supplies back into the saddle bags. But when he came back to the fire, Rey wasn't there and he grew concerned. "Where's Rey?" he asked Finn.

"She went to get some water for the horses," he answered.

"Alone... in the dark?" Ben asked, trying to hide his concern, but it was obvious. "Which way did she go?"

Finn pointed in the direction that Rey had went.

Ben nodded and began walking through the trees in the direction that Rey had gone.

"Rey!" he called. But there was no reply. How far did she wander off? he wondered, unable to keep himself from worrying. There were bears and wolves roaming in the shadows beneath the trees, and he didn't completely trust the men who had joined them. It was too dangerous for her to be walking around alone in the dark.

Finally he came to a small clearing in the trees with a small pool of water. He smiled as he saw Rey wading in the clear water. All around her, the water shimmered and glistened in the moonlight. The water came up to her shoulders, and her hair floated gently in the water behind her.

Ben watched as she slowly moved her hand through the still water sending ripples through the smooth, mirror-like surface. He sighed and leaned against a nearby tree, she truly was the most beautiful being he had ever laid eyes on.

She turned and saw Ben watching her. She smiled shyly at him. She gestured for him to come join her.

Ben took his cloak off, then removed his boots and sat them on a small boulder. He slowly stepped out into the small pool of water, the sun had not long set and the water still held the warmth of the sun's rays. He waded over to her. He smiled and wrapped his arms around her. He looked down at her for a moment before he smirked and began to speak. "What are you doing Rey? Your clothes are soaked."

She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. "So are your's." She gently pressed her forehead against his.

He looked at her and smiled. Then he leaned down and gently kissed her lips.

She pulled him closer and kissed him passionately.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her tightly as she continued to kiss him passionately. This was one of the most beautiful moments of his life and he wanted to remember it forever. He wanted to remember every detail of how it felt to hold her here on this beautiful night. He wanted to remember every touch of her lips against his.

At last she broke the kiss and looked up into his eyes. They were as dark as the night sky but they seemed to glow as they reflected the twinkling starlight from above. She was lost in the world of his eyes and the endless affection for her that filled them as she gently reached up and caressed his cheek.

Ben smiled as he watched her, then he leaned down covering her cheeks with kisses. Then he began slowly trailing his kisses along her jaw until at last he reached the soft smooth skin of her neck.

She let out a soft gasp as he slowly moved his lips across her neck. Her heart was racing and her skin tingled at each touch of his lips, she didn't know how amazing his kisses would feel across her neck. It was even more wonderful than she had imagined.

Rey leaned her head back, welcoming his kisses and encouraging him to continue. She let out a deep sigh as he kissed her softly and slowly.

He placed his hand behind her neck to support her head as she leaned back even farther. He kissed her a little more intently as he realized how much she seemed to be enjoying it.