ƇӇƛƤƬЄƦ 68

Ƒinally the day of their one month anniversary had arrived and unlike on his wedding day, Ben wasn't filled with fear or dread. He was filled with happiness and excitement. He was a little nervous, though he wasn't sure why, but more than that he was just overjoyed that Rey actually wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. That this time as they said their vows to one another, it would be their choice and they would do it out of love, not out of any kind of obligation.

Rey had insisted that he waited at the castle until two hours before sunset and then come to the forest where she was waiting. He was a little worried about her being in the woods alone for so long, but then she had reminded him that she had grown up in the woods alone. He smiled remembering that she had said that she was more comfortable in the woods than at a fancy party at the castle, he certainly agreed with that.

He had spent most of the day making sure he had everything ready and pacing as he felt that his heart would break if he had to spend one more moment without her.

He was so relieved when the sun began to fall low in the west and it was finally time to go to her.

꧁❀꧂

Ben walked through the woods, until he came to the place they had chosen the day before. He was surprised to see it beautifully decorated with wildflowers woven together into garland that was hung between the trees, and bright petals were scattered on the ground.

It was beautiful, he was surprised that she had gone to such lengths when he would be the only one who would get to see it. But he knew that was how much she loved him.

As he stood there looking at the beautifully decorated forest, he heard footsteps behind him. He turned to see Rey walking slowly towards him. She was wearing her wedding dress and holding a bouquet of wildflowers.

Ben's jaw dropped slightly at the sight of her, as beautiful as she had been on their wedding day he was sure that she was a thousand times more beautiful now. Maybe because she was smiling this time...or maybe because of that look in her eyes, so full of love that he thought his heart would burst.

Rey blushed at how he was looking at her.

Ben smiled as he saw that she was wearing the necklace that he had given her. She smiled warmly in return.

Finally she came over to stand next to him. She sat the bouquet of wildflowers down on the ground then took his hands in hers.

Ben smiled at her. "You look beautiful."

She blushed. "So do you."

He smiled even wider, then he grew serious as he began to say his vows to her. He wanted to say them sincerely. "Rey, with God as my witness, I promise that I will love you for the rest of my life, through the good and the bad, for better or for worse. I promise I will never leave you by my own choice, but if I am forced to leave as long as my heart beats I will fight with all that I am to get back to you. I promise to protect you with my life, and give it up for you if I must. I love you with all of my heart, and I always will til' death do we part."

Rey tried to force back the tears that stung her eyes, knowing how much he really did love her. And she knew that he meant every word that he had said, he'd already proven that he would keep the promises that he had just made.

"Ben, I love you with all of my heart and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, that is why I am repeating my vows to you. I promise that I will always love you for the rest of my life. I will love you for better and for worse, I will love you and only you. And I would gladly die for you. I love you, Ben."

Ben took Rey's wedding ring, and carefully placed it on her finger. Rey took his hand and did the same. He smiled, this time she touched his finger tenderly as she did so. She reached up and placed her hand on his cheek.

He looked into her eyes, smiling affectionately at her.

"You may kiss the bride," she whispered.

He smiled, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into a tender, affectionate kiss.

They broke the kiss and Rey pulled him close, hugging him tightly for a long moment.

"Thank you for all of this Rey, this is the best gift anyone has ever given me," Ben said.

Rey smiled at him. "I wanted us to be able to remember our wedding as a special day, and I wanted to show you how much I really do love you."

"I love you too, Rey," he answered, kissing her cheek.

"I have more surprises for you," she said excitedly.

She grabbed his hand and led him through the trees to a small clearing that was carpeted with soft green grass. In the center of the clearing was a blanket. A basket and two sets of dishes had been neatly laid out.

"I packed dinner," she said.

He smiled, glad that they would get to spend a few more hours alone together.

"Do you mind if I change out of my wedding dress before we eat? I don't want to mess it up sitting on the ground."

Ben nodded. "Of course I don't mind, darling."

Rey smiled, kissing his cheek. "I'll be right back."

Ben nodded and sat down on the blanket as she turned to leave.

Rey returned a few moments later wearing a long blue dress with laces on the front and wide flowing sleeves. She wanted to wear something that was comfortable, but she also wanted to look beautiful for Ben. This evening was her gift to him and more than anything she just wanted to make him happy.

Ben stood as she approached and took her hand as he assisted her onto the blanket.

Rey smiled at the polite gesture, then Ben sat down on the blanket next to her.

Rey opened the basket. "I brought some of your favorite things, roast chicken, potatoes, cheese ..." she smiled. "...and chocolate muffins."

Ben smiled, remembering the day they had walked together in the village. "If I had known that you were going to do something this nice, I would have offered to help."

"No, it's fine Ben. I wanted to surprise you, besides Finn and Rose helped me with the decorations and the castle cook made the food," she replied.

"Then I'll have to thank them later...but for now, thank you Rey," he said.

She smiled. "You're welcome. This evening is my wedding gift to you, I'm sorry it's late."

He kissed her. "It's worth the wait."