ƇӇƛƤƬЄƦ 58

Ƭhe next day...

"Have you sent someone to check on Ben yet?" Rey asked her grandfather as she sat in the queen's throne.

"No."

"You promised that you would send a servant to tend to his wounds twice a day," she reminded him sternly.

"I was going to do that now, darling," Snoke answered and she tried not to show her distaste at him calling her 'darling.'

"Send for my granddaughter's handmaiden," he ordered.

Rey heaved a silent sigh of relief, she knew that Rose would take good care of Ben.

Moments later Rose entered the throne room, escorted by two knights.

Rose curtsied halfheartedly. "You sent for me...your highness?"

"Yes, go to the dungeons and tend to the prince's wounds before my granddaughter decides to do something reckless," Snoke commanded.

Rey noticed that Rose was hiding a smirk, if only he knew how reckless and dangerous she could be at times. Rose knew her well enough to know that there was nothing Rey wouldn't do for the ones she loved.

꧁❀꧂

Christopher unlocked the door to Ben's cell to let Rose in. "Take good care of him for me," he told her.

"I will," she promised.

"Thank you... if I lost him, I would have no family left. I love him like a brother."

Rose smiled a little sadly. "So do I."

Christopher smiled. "He always wanted a sister."

Rose smiled at him then she stepped into the cell.

She looked down to see Ben laying on the small bed, seeming a bit depressed. He was staring blankly at the ceiling, but the sadness in his eyes was obvious. He cheered up a bit when he saw her.

"Rose, I wasn't expecting you to come," he said as he sat up and made room for her to sit next to him.

Rose smiled. "Rey made Snoke send someone to take care of you."

Ben smiled affectionately at the mention of his wife, but his face quickly fell in a grave expression. "Is she alright?"

Rose nodded. "Yes...but she misses you terribly."

Ben nodded, blushing slightly. "I miss her too."

Rose smiled. "I know...I miss Finn too."

"Finn will come back to rescue you, I know he will," Ben told her.

She shook her head. "No... he'll come back for all of us."

Ben nodded.

Rose looked at him for a long moment noticing the dark circles under his eyes. She reached up and gently cupped his cheek. "You look exhausted, haven't you been sleeping at all?"

He shook his head. "I can't. I'm too worried about Rey. And I am in constant pain, not just from my wounds but because my heart has been ripped in half. I will never see her again," he clenched his fists as his eyes welled up and he fought with every ounce of strength to keep from breaking down in front of her.

She looked at him sympathetically, then pulled him into a hug. "Rey wants you safe, that's why she's doing this. You won't recover if you don't rest."

"Don't worry about me. I did sleep a few hours last night and it was beautiful... I dreamt of her, I didn't want to wake up but I was awakened by one of the guards."