ƇӇƛƤƬЄƦ 50

Ӈalf an hour later, the door opened and Christopher came in. He came over to stand behind Rey, looking down at Ben, concerned.

"I heard what happened, how is he my lady?"

"He's... he's fine for now but I fear that he won't be if he doesn't have help soon," Rey replied.

Christopher placed some bandages and healing ointment on the bed next to Ben. "Do you need anything else?"

Rey nodded. "Would it be possible for you to bring a doctor, without getting caught? This injury is beyond my ability."

"I can try," Christopher replied.

"Please hurry," Rey added as she noticed how bloody the cloth beneath her hand had became.

Christopher nodded and left quickly to find the doctor.

Rey noticed that he had forgotten to lock the door, but she didn't care. Right now, taking care of Ben was the only thing that mattered to her.

A few moments later, Christopher returned with the royal doctor who was locked up in the dungeon.

The doctor hurried over to Ben's side. "Let me see," the doctor said.

Rey moved her hand that was covering his wound, but she kept Ben's hand held tightly in hers.

The doctor carefully lifted the piece of cloth that was covering the stab wound. Rey watched the doctor's expression as he looked at Ben's wound, trying to read his expression. The doctor was clearly very experienced at keeping a blank, unreadable expression as he examined his patients.

"Is he going to be okay?" Rey asked.

The doctor didn't reply, instead he began to look down into the wound, trying to see how serious the damage was. "He's lucky, it missed his liver," the doctor said not paying her much attention as he continued to examine him. "I think he'll be fine as soon as we stop the bleeding. However, he has lost a lot of blood, he will be weak for a little while and he will need a lot of rest and attention."

Rey nodded.

"And I need to check him fully, after I've finished stitching this," the doctor added as he noticed how badly he had been beaten.

Rey nodded, she couldn't imagine what Snoke had done to him. Inwardly she blamed herself for not going with Ben regardless of what anyone thought of it.

The doctor took the cloth and healing ointment that Christopher had brought, then he began to clean the wound. It sizzled slightly as the ointment came in contact with the blood and Rey squeezed Ben's hand gently, knowing that it must hurt. But Ben hadn't even flinched, she looked at him, he lay unmoving seeming at peace.

She lifted his hand to her mouth and placed several soft kisses in his palm.

The doctor took out a needle and some thread, then turned to Rey who now held Ben's hand against her cheek. "I need you to hold him down while I stitch this," he told her. "He's unconscious, so hopefully he won't feel anything, or move too much, but just incase."

Rey nodded and moved to hold Ben down in case he should move, or regain consciousness suddenly. Rey felt Ben's arms tighten and she saw his muscles tense as the doctor pushed the needle through his skin. He could feel it, she realized. His breathing rose and fell in short quick gasps and she knew that he was in a lot of pain, despite his unconscious state. She gently moved her hands up and down along his arms, hoping that the feeling of her touch would enter his subconscious and soothe him.

She felt his muscles slowly begin to relax, as she continued to gently touch him. "It will be over soon, darling," she whispered, hoping that hearing her voice would calm him even more. It seemed to work, his breathing returned to normal.