ƇӇƛƤƬЄƦ 66

Ʀey opened her eyes as she heard a knock on the door. She and Ben had fallen asleep at some point while they were talking. She wasn't sure how long they had been sleeping. It must have been a few hours because the sky outside their window was now painted with the vibrant colors of dusk, and the sun was low on the horizon.

She sat up, trying not to wake Ben who was still sleeping next to her. It wasn't easy as he was laying very close to her, so close that they were sharing the same pillow.

"Come in," she said softly.

The door opened and Rose came in with a tray of food.

"Nice to see that you're awake." She looked over at Ben who was still sleeping. "Well that one of you are anyway. I came to check on you earlier and you were both sound asleep."

"The doctor gave us something to help with the pain," Rey explained. "It made us a little sleepy."

Rose nodded. "Well, you needed your rest. None of us got any sleep last night," she smiled. "And when I was taking care of Ben for you, he said that he couldn't sleep well because he missed you."

Awe, my poor baby, Rey thought looking down where he was sleeping on her pillow, his arm was still wrapped around her waist. "I missed him too," she combed back his black mass of hair so that she could get a glimpse of his face.

Rose smiled at Rey's tender gesture. "That's so sweet."

Rey blushed.

"I brought you some supper," Rose continued.

"Thank you, Rose," Rey touched Ben's shoulder gently to wake him up.

He sat up, groggy. He looked at Rey, blinking several times to get the sleep out of his eyes.

"Rose brought us some supper," Rey explained.

"Oh, thank you, Rose," he said sleepily.

Rose smiled and passed them the tray of food.

When Rose left, they blessed the food and then they began to eat.

They were silent for a few moments, before Rey spoke. "Rose said that you had trouble sleeping because you missed me?"

Ben nodded. "I was worried about you, worried that Snoke would harm you." He paused and blushed slightly. "And I'm used to holding you while I sleep."

"Me too," she answered, shyly. "On the night we were apart, I had a dream that I awoke in your arms. We were laying in a forest, it felt so real. I was heartbroken when I realized that it was a dream."

"I dreamt that too," Ben answered.

"You did?" she asked, surprised.

He nodded. "I missed you, but the dream made me feel close to you."

"Me too," Rey smiled. "It was wonderful, one of the most wonderful dreams I've ever had."

He smiled at her. "One of? What were the others?"

He'd said it lightheadedly, as if he was only teasing her, but she replied seriously. "Do you remember when I woke up the night before we kissed and you thought that I had a nightmare?"

He nodded. "You said that you couldn't tell me because if you did it might not come true."

"Well I can tell you now, because it has already come true...I dreamt that you kissed me."

He smiled. "That's one dream that I can make come true." He leaned over to kiss her tenderly. After a moment he broke the kiss and pressed his forehead against hers. "Tell me another one of your dreams."