ƇӇƛƤƬЄƦ 2

(Trigger Warning for depression)

Ƙylo sat on the floor in a dark cell with his head in his hands. His whole body ached, both from sitting on the hard stone floor and from being beaten by the dungeon guards several times. They all hated him and found it as good sport to beat him whenever they felt like it. But he was used to this kind of treatment and worse... far worse. He could have easily fought them off, but he didn't. He deserved this and more.

He had been here for several days. He wasn't sure how many because he had lost track of time. It seemed to be an eternity, yet at the same time, it seemed time was moving too fast.

He wasn't sure about anything anymore. He wasn't even sure who he was; was he Kylo the murderous general, or Ben the prince who'd lost everything...who's parents didn't seem to want him? He was so confused, he didn't want to be here but he didn't want to go back either. He wished that he could just run away...flee to some distant kingdom. But even if he could escape this dungeon he knew that there was nowhere he could go that Snoke or his followers wouldn't find him. His spies were everywhere.

Even though he had no desire to return to Snoke, he did want to go back for the sake of his knights. They were little more than children and he felt responsible for them. He loved them like brothers. It was because of them that he had been captured, to begin with. When Christopher the youngest of the knights was about to be taken, he had offered to go in his place.

He didn't regret that decision, but now he was worried for them. Who will protect them if I am gone? Certainly not Snoke. He had to protect them from Snoke more than outside attacks, he couldn't let Snoke turn them into monsters as he had done to him.

I am a monster, created by Snoke to do his work. I deserve to be in a cage...he shook his head. No, I deserve to die.

He almost wanted death, it seemed to be the only way he could be truly free, but he was afraid to die too. He was afraid to face God after what he had done. He knew there would be no forgiveness for him. He was lost, beyond all hope of being saved. And he was afraid for his mother, would she ever forgive herself if she allowed him to die? He doubted it, he knew that she may very well grieve herself to death if she gave him that sentence. He didn't want her to share his fate, he couldn't bear the thought of her dying of a broken heart, it would be better if he'd been killed in battle.

Tears stung his eyes... no, it would have been better if he had never been born. He'd caused nothing but pain and grief, nothing good had come of his life and he feared nothing good ever would.

There was a part of him that wanted to tell his parents the truth so that there could be an understanding between them before he was sentenced to death or banishment. But he knew the truth would only hurt his mother and he couldn't bear the thought of that. He would rather for her to see him as a traitor than tell her the truth.

(Art by Raven-shadows )

꧁❀꧂