ƇӇƛƤƬЄƦ 67

Ƭwo days later...

Rey and Ben sat at the table, having dinner with King Han and Queen Leia.

"I'm glad that you're recovering," Leia told them both.

Rey nodded. "The doctor is going to take the stitches out tomorrow."

"Yay!" Ben said in mock excitement, it would probably hurt just as bad as getting them put in.

Rey nodded in agreement. Then they were all silent for a few moments.

"In a few days, Ben and I will be married for a month," Rey said. "I want to ask your permission to allow us to leave the castle alone...just for a couple of days."

Ben looked at her a little surprised; he had thought that they were just going to be gone for an afternoon, a day at the most. But a couple of days sounded even better.

"I won't try to escape or anything. Not that I even have a reason to leave or anywhere to go." Ben looked over at Rey. "I do however have a very good reason to stay."

She blushed.

"Actually, there's something we want to tell you," Leia folded her hands on the table. "We've spoken to the council, and considering that you almost died for our kingdom, they have agreed that you have paid enough for what you've done in the past. They have agreed to fully pardon you, you're free to come and go as you please."

"Thank you, mother," Ben answered.

She smiled in reply. "You've earned it."

Ben looked at Rey, and she smiled before leaning over to kiss his cheek.

"You and Rey can go do whatever you want, for as long as you want. Have fun and enjoy each other," said Han.

"We will," Rey said, looking at Ben who was blushing fiercely.

"Just be back in time for your coronation," Leia said. "I've arranged for both of you to have your coronation together."

Ben kissed Rey's hand. "That sounds wonderful."

Rey smiled at him.

"So what do you two have planned for your one month anniversary?" Han asked.

"Well part of it is a surprise for Ben, but I want to repeat my wedding vows to him. I love him so much, I just want to speak the words again out of love," Rey said.

Ben smiled at her.

They were all silent for a moment.

"I never got the chance to say this, but I'm sorry that we sent you to be trained by Snoke," Leia broke the silence. "We thought that he could be trusted, but clearly he couldn't."

"It's not your fault, mother. You didn't know what he was planning," Ben replied quickly.

Leia nodded, before letting out a deep sigh. "Ben, please be honest, did Snoke hurt you?"

Ben looked at his mother for a long time, before turned to look at Rey. She didn't give him any sign of how he should reply as he had hoped she would. Instead she just slipped her hand into his to comfort him whichever choice he made.

He didn't want to lie, but he could just say that he didn't want to talk about it. However, by the look in his mother's eyes he could tell that she already knew the truth. It was kind of obvious, after what had happened over the past few days. Keeping it from her would only make her feel worse because she would believe that he didn't trust her.

"Yes," he whispered, squeezing Rey's hand nervously. He could feel her gently brushing her thumb over the top of his hand. He couldn't bring himself to look at his parents, especially not his mother. He stared down at his plate, trying to act normal.

Finally he looked up at his mother, hoping that she wasn't too distressed by finding out what he'd been through.

Leia looked at him with tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry, Ben. Why didn't you tell us? We thought that you chose to betray the kingdom, if we had known that he was forcing you into it we would have done things differently."

"I didn't want you to blame yourself," he whispered.

"I can't help it Ben, we were the ones who sent you to him. I'm your mother, it's my job to protect you. I shouldn't have sent you away, but we didn't have a choice ..."

Ben shook his head. "He betrayed your trust, you were trusting him to protect me at the time. You couldn't have known what he would do. I know it's hard to live with the past, but Rey has shown me that I need to forgive myself and I want you to do the same."

"I don't know if I could forgive myself for giving my son to a monster," Leia sighed.

"Please for me, I don't want you to blame yourself," Ben answered, heartbroken.

Leia stood and came over to hug him.

Ben hugged her in return and placed a gentle kiss on her cheek. "I love you, mother."

She kissed his forehead. "I love you too, Ben."