32 - Chloe

Song: Eminem - Mockingbird
~I can see you're sad, even when you smile, even when you laugh.~

***

"Get in the car Chloe." I deadpan.

"Why?" She asks curiously.

"Get in." I repeat with a rested tone.

"How do you know you can trust me?"

"Shouldn't that be the other way around?"

"Not with me."

"Chloe, if you don't get in the car, I'll put you in myself. And trust me, you don't want that." I shift my eye contact away from her to ahead of me.

She strides around and enter the car after looking to both sides of the street and probably realizing I'm her only option for whatever that'll happen next.

"Nice whip!" She allows her visually unclean fingers to travel across my interior and I cringe. "What type of car is this?"

"It's called a Rolls Royce?" My tone is as if it's obvious and she should already know that. Of course she doesn't have to know that and I need to chill before she misinterprets me for a cocky bitch.

Her grey eyes widen, raising her eye brows. "Daaammnnn girl! You must be really loaded." She gapes around, visually taking in my exterior. See, she does knows Rolls Royce's.

I shake my head in amusement . "I don't even wanna know what that means. Is there somewhere you need to be? I could take you?"

"You're bouji.. well, I have to see this guy.."

"Boyfriend?"

"No. I get my drugs from him. Make a little cash."

"First of all, I am not taking you to see a drug dealer. That's the same shit that got you locked up."

"What are you, my mot.." she recoils and release a deep breath to cancel whatever she was about to say. "You can't tell me what to do. You don't know me." Her eyes narrows in my direction and it's my first seeing her actually being serious.

"You must be hungry. You wanna get something to eat?" I change the subject not caring much for any protests she'll throw at me.

"I don't have any money."

"So this is how Austin felt whenever he'd say I insulted him." I mumble to myself but loud enough for her to hear.

I just talk to myself out loud again.

I switch the engine to life then driving off. I can feel Chloe's stare still seeping through my pores. "Where we going?" She asks.

"To a nice restaurant to get you some decent food." I glance over at her, taking another glimpse at her pale skin.

"I told you I don't have any money." She deadpans.

"Chloe, take a good look at me. Do you think I'd invite you to a nice restaurant for you to pay for your own food? I take that as an insult." The irritation is plastered all over my face, I can feel it.

I really feel Austin's pain right now. God damn it man.

As we arrive to the restaurant, Chloe keeps looking at her phone as if she's expecting a call that will obviously never appear.

"Your menus." Says a waitress, handing over two luxuriously laminated menus.

"Oh, we only need one menu. I'm just having water." I smile at her. She nods with a smile and takes off.