3 - Missed Call

Song: Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
~Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy..~

***

In the name of starting off the day with a random thought, I'll start by saying; at one point I worried if I was a total nutcase but eventually said fuck it. I live alone, and my sister Jasmine only sleeps over when her husband is out of town on business trips.

My best friend, Gina, is only available on weekends; but I don't mind because we attend the same university, I'll see a lot of her either way.

My parents both reside in England, I hear from them occasionally. I guess I'm not so attached to them anymore since I've grown up and more busy these days. Ever since I've entered the phases of a young adult, that tightness of a bond that my family and I had when we all lived together in Georgia, gradually faded.

Maybe because they're always travelling or away. When we all officially moved to England, I was 15 and by the time I graduated high school, my dream of continuing my schooling in America was still in full effect, which is why I flew back home and stayed here.

It's the same with my sister, Jasmine, but her main reason to return to America is not only her career, but because of her long time love/high school sweetheart; her husband and the obsession of keeping the marriage strong. For some reason, it's sad to say but I've never found them to be an example of the love people dream of.

I have love for them all anyway and what my parents do is mainly for me even though after a while, we struggle to spend time as a family. What we all do is for the better of ourselves individually.

I'm having a slight headache since I woke up and it's quite annoying. Oh yes.... one heck of a night right? And as much as I'd like to reminisce on the blissfulness of what the night came with, and appreciate the pleasurable ache between my legs right now, I can't do that. I won't even wander off on it, next. Finally grabbing my phone and instead of going through my personal messages as if I have a real life, I check my online profile to see who my next client will be and what package he chose.

My best friend was messaging me all night. I guess she was kinda worried, you know, because I live alone and I went MIA all night on her? I want to give her the juicy details.. but then she's going to want to hear the entire story, and how do I tell me best friend that I had a one night stand with a rich guy that I don't even know?

How do I explain to her that I'm now an escort who sleeps with powerful, wealthy men for a shit load of cash? Is she going to notice the significant changes made to the money I have? She knows my parents are loaded but more designer clothes, new cars and shit? Yea, I'll just keep it to myself.

Times like these I wish I could simply call my sister and talk to her about the road I've taken and why, but I'd hate to call her only to be told from the answering machine to leave a message or her telling me she's in an emergency meeting and I should call her later. And we all know when 'later' arrives, my initial thought of opening up to her would be long gone.

While going through my phone, I notice some unsaved number was calling me an hour prior to me waking up. I'm somewhat glad I missed the call, my antisocial self wouldn't care much. The people that are close to me are aware of my sleeping policy, don't call to wake me before my wake up time unless it's an emergency. And let's say it's an emergency, I mean, then call the police.

I hate being woken up, period. So obviously this person doesn't know me, hence, it isn't my responsibility to return the call.

I rub my eyes for a better view, getting out of bed and heading straight for the bathroom. I take a quick shower and wash my hair before pre-blow-drying it adding moisturizer, leaving it to complete whatever process is left by itself.