44 - Mother

Song: Sia - Big Girls Cry 
~and I don't care if I don't look pretty, big girls cry when their hearts are breaking~ 

2 updates in one day...

***

Chloe lays beside me in my bed as I make calls to my close friends and loved ones, telling them the good news. Gina said she was coming here immediately, a phone call just wasn't enough for her and she's offended.

"Sweetheart." My beams softly and I internally shiver in anticipation.

"Hi momma."

"To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I..I have something to tell you.." I trail off in nervousness.

"Well, spit it out, you're making me worry."

"I.. I'm pregnant, mom." I whisper in excitement.

"My goodness.." she coos softly in disbelief and I can just imagine her priceless face right now.

"Mom? Are you still there?" After a few seconds, I hear her gentle sobs. "Momma, please don't cry. I did enough of that for the two of us already." I can feel the glossiness of my own eyes building and it just hit; after being told and believing that I couldn't get pregnant, here I am now announcing my pregnancy to my mother.

"It's a miracle.. I never stopped praying.. Every night before I go to sleep I.. I ask God to just.. just touch my daughter's womb.. so you could conceive again.. thank you God for giving her another chance at motherhood.. you are the greatest physician.. thank you, thank you." She rambles between her sobs.

"Thank you, mom." I place a finger under one of my bottom eye lids to stop a tear from running down. I've never heard my mom so emotional. Ever.

"I want you to take really good care of yourself, okay sweetheart? You have the most precious little angel inside you and he'll be here soon so keep him safe."

"Of course." I assure her, smiling at her assuming it's a boy. Probably still a mental aftermath of my first pregnancy.

She ends the call and my lips curves into a smile. Hearing no sound from Chloe, I turn to take a glance at her to find her staring at her phone with a blank expression.

"Chloe?"

"Chloe, what's wrong?!" I repeat, the worry setting in.

"Speaking of mom.. I just listened a voicemail that was left a day ago. It's her. My mother." She tells me, taking visibly deeper breaths.

"Okay, just calm down. Let me hear it."

She passes me the phone and I play the message.

"Hello my darling. I've missed you. Haven't you missed me? You know, John is gone. They sent him away forever. I want to see you. I miss seeing you. Your face, your smile."

"That's your mother?"

"I'm never going back. I never want to see her again. She hurt me too much and.." she trails off, her spirit is obviously now deeply troubled, trying to calm her rising temper.

"Okay, okay. You don't have to worry about that. I won't let you go back. I'm here, we're all here." I place an assuring arm around her shoulder.

Without sobs, tears begin to slowly run down her face with her eyes directed straight ahead of her without shifting focus. I can tell that she is numb, hurting, broken.

I pick my phone up as an idea pops in my head, calling Emily to tell her to get here as soon as possible, not caring if she's busy or not. She's still under Austin's payroll so I knew she wouldn't say no. An hour later she arrives and asks to speak to Chloe. The three of us are seated in the living room. Chloe is closely latched on to my side with her knees to chest and her arms wrapped around her legs.

I let Emily listen to the voice message.

"What I'm about to tell you might sound crazy, but I'm going to need you to focus." Emily says as Chloe and I nod in agreement.

"Go and see her."

"What!" Chloe snaps, jumping up from her seat.

"I want you to go to her. Not to stay or make up for the past, but to simply face her. You might be happy now, you started over, but in order to truly move on from your fears, you have to face them. Tell her exactly how you felt all these years about what she did to you, let it all out. Then you leave it all there and you come back home to us where you belong." Emily pleas.

Chloe hits the sofa in anger, trying to conceal what she's feeling. She folds her hands in fists and groans. I know she needed to do this. I know that her pass still weighs on her as much as her I don't want to, but she needs to if she wants to heal.

"Chloe, honey. You are a strong, beautiful young woman who were blessed with many gifts. You have your whole life ahead of you. Do not wait till it's too late to face your fears. Don't carry it around, pretending that you dealt with it like I did. This is your time to conquer. Don't let her win by carrying her and your past around in your heart. Destroy it. Let it burn." I stand from my seat, cupping Chloe's cheeks, giving her both comfort and strength.

A sob escapes from her as she bites her bottom lip, hugging herself.. I wipe her running tears away with my thumbs, still holding her face between palms.

She takes a last sob sharply and straightens her posture.

"Let it burn huh.." She repeats my words with a nod.

I smile with her and embrace her in a tight hug.

"I'll be there the entire time. You will never be alone again. This the only way you will start to heal and truly find peace, trust me."

***

I'm so happy for Chloe, taking such an important step. How will it turn out?
Remember to vote!
Xoxo