25 - Business with the Rival

AJ first day of work as EGCC president was not easy as he need to meet the different heads of each group. His hands are so itchy to have a video call to Celestine to show his new office but he got tied up with several meetings. Therefore he only settled for a viber message and sends her his first selfie in his office.

On the other hand Celestine was all smiles when she receives the picture send by AJ as she is very proud of him. She could not wait for the end of office hours and hear AJ's stories about his first day of work as EGCC's President.

"Ms. Celestine, na deliver na yung gift na pinabili mo on-line. Just let me know if I will send it straight to the office of Architect AJ or you will personally give it to him." Nica said.

"Give it to me, Nics. I will personally give it to him." Celestine said.

"That was a nice watch and really expensive too." Nica commented.

"That is nothing compare to some of his collections. Mahilig kasi sa watch si AJ. Magugulat ka sa sobrang dami nya ng watches. At lahat iyon, may kanya-kanyang damit na tineternuhan nya." Celestine uttered.

"Your dream is slowly coming true. In a few months, tatawagin ka na rin Ms. President." Nica said.
"Not only my dream but yours, too." Celestine said.

"You are correct, mine, too." Nica said. "By the way, have you read the president's email?" she asked.

"Not yet, inuna ko munang mag-review ng status report for the mall project eh. Bakit what is the email all about?" Celestine asked.

"Well, Mr. President is commending you for a job well done for the completion of Mr. Cheng's mansion. And he is particularly happy for the 10% savings. Congratulations, Ms. Celestine." Nica uttered.

"Congratulations to us, Nics." Celestine said after reading the email sent by her father. "But we should not be complacent, may mas malalaking projects pa tayo on our plate. And sana magkaroon din tayo ng savings for the mall and subdivision project." She added.

"We can have a huge savings if we tie up with the Graciana's hardware. It is owned by the family of Architect's AJ therefore we could ask for a huge discount." Nica recommended.

"Matagal ko nang iniisip yan, Nics. I just could not open it up to my Dad. They have good quality of construction materials and very reasonable ang prices nila. But, alam mo naman na associated ang Graciana Hardware Store sa EGCC. Baka kasi hindi sila pumayag sa hihingin nating discount since FCC is EGCC's rival in the industry." Celestine said.

"But if they will think of business, technically kliyente pa rin tayo. Siguro naman President RJ will not mind having business with Graciana Hardware Store kung makakakuha tayo ng malaking discount. Why don't you talk to Architect AJ about it." Nica said.

"That can't be, Nics. Ayokong gamitin si AJ sa dealing ko with Graciana's Hardware Store." Celestine said.

"Perhaps you could talk to Mrs. Garcia for that. Would you like me to set you a meeting with her?" Nica asked.

"Sa tingin mo okay lang ba talaga?" Celestine asked.

"I don't see anything wrong with doing business with them. But if you are not that comfortable, I suggest you seek advice from Architect AJ." Nica said.

"That's a better idea, Nics. Kausapin ko si AJ about it then I will let you know para maka-pag-set ka ng meeting with them." Celestine said.

"Don't you want to get the opinion of President RJ too?" Nica asked.

"I will definitely get my Dad's point of view on this, Nics. I will discuss it with him during lunch." Celestine said.