21 - Secret Still Safe

Celestine immediately talked to Nica as soon as her meeting with the mall project team ended.  She makes an alibi to her father about delaying their discussion on the theme park proposal.

“Ms. Celestine, here is the draft of the theme park proposal that you need.  I suggest na palitan na natin since mukhang nabasa na yan ni AJ Garcia.” Nica said.

“Sit down Nics, there is something I would like to discuss with you.” Celestine said.

“Is this about me seeing AJ Garcia in your unit earlier?” Nica asked.

“Yes.” Celestine briefly replied.

“To be honest, Ms. Celestine, I will lie kung sasabihin ko sa iyo na hindi ko iniisip na may relasyon kayo ni AJ Garcia.  But, I am drawing the line.  Your personal stuff is none of my business.  What’s important to me now is the draft of the proposal since obvious naman na nakita na nya.” Nica said.

“That is what I would like to discuss with you, Nics.” Celestine said.  “Pero sana, kung ano man ang mapag-uusapan natin ngayon, iiwan na lang natin sa kwartong ito paglabas natin.” She further said.

“Yes, Ms. Celestine. I understand.” Nica replied.

“Thanks.” Celestine said before she begins talking about AJ. “First, I want you to know that you are right in thinking that AJ and I are in a relationship.  We will be celebrating our first year anniversary together tomorrow.”

“Wow, talaga Ms. Celestine, one year na ang relationship nyo ni AJ Garcia? Ang galing naman.” Nica commented.

“Yes, we were able to survive each other for a year already.  And, I also want you to know that as of today, only three people know about our relationship.  AJ, I and you.” Celestine said.  “As much as possible we would like to keep the relationship a secret for a very obvious reason.  But since we were both very careless, another person learned about the secret we are keeping for a year. Even the condo staff does not know the real score. Ang alam lang nila, AJ and I are bestfriends that was why he was included on the list of people allowed to freely enter my unit. And, pakiusap ko sana Nics, baka naman pwedeng manatiling tatlong tao lang ang nakakaalam ng secret na ‘to.  If this information comes out, walang akong ibang iisipin na nagbunyag nito kundi ikaw lang.  You will be the only source if this secret leaks, especially to my family.” She added.

“As I have said, Ms. Celestine, as much as possible, your personal matters are none of my business.   Nobody wants this to happen, but I assure you that your secret is safe in me.” Nica replied.

“Thank you very much, Nics.  I will forever be grateful to you if you keep this to yourself.” Celestine said.

“You can count on me on that, Ms. Celestine.  But I hope you understand kung may concern ako sa draft ng proposal.  Nung tiningnan ko kasi, nakita ko na maraming erasures, and the corrections are not your penmanships.” Nica said.

“That was because the corrections are from AJ Garcia.  I showed him the theme park proposal to get his point of view.” Celestine said.

“But ma’am, he is still from our rival company.” Nica commented.

“I know where you are coming from, Nics.  And honestly, I appreciate it a lot.  But I want to tell you another secret and I hope maiiwan din ito sa kwartong ito, paglabas mo.” Celestine said.

“Whatever I hear, I will leave it here.” Nica replied.

“Lahat ng proposals na ginagawa ko, hinihingi ko muna ang opinion ni AJ.” Celestine said and she saw how shock Nica is on her revelation.