37 - I'm Sorry

RJ froze as he sees blood running down Celestine's legs. He only got back into his senses when he hears Maine said, "Love, we have to bring her to the hospital". RJ immediately carries Celestine to the car to rush her to the nearest hospital.

"I'm sorry, Daddy. I'm sorry, Mommy. Please don't get at me." Celestine continuously apologized while they are on their way to the hospital and Maine tightly hugging her at the backseat as she never stops crying.

"Shhhh .... Don't say anything and please stop crying, baby. You will be fine." Maine said.

So many things run into RJ's mind while he drives to the hospital. He is not dumb not to realize what is going on with Celestine but he prefers to keep mum and prioritize Celestine's condition.

"I'm sorry, Daddy. I'm sorry for disappointing you. Please don't get mad at me." Celestine repeatedly said while crying.

"Please wag ka nang magsalita." Maine said. "Love, the bleeding never stops. Please hurry." She asked RJ.

"Can't you see, that is what I am doing now?" RJ irritably replied as he hears Celestine never stops apologizing.

"Gusto mo ba Dad ako na lang po ang mag-drive?" Ethan offered.

"Mas mabuti pa nga na ikaw na lang ang mag-drive, Ethan." Maine said.

"I can do this." RJ replied and Ethan did not insist anymore.

Celestine was immediate attended by the hospital staff as soon as they arrived at the emergency room. "Mommy, what happen to Ate?" Ethan asked.

"We do not know yet, Ethan. Let's pray na lang muna for Ate Celestine." Maine replied.

"She is pregnant." RJ uttered.

"Love, hindi pa tayo sigurado." Maine said.

"Wag mong lokohin ang sarili mo, Mendoza Girl. With that kind of bleeding it is impossible that it is a case of a simple irregular menstruation." RJ replied.

"But that is impossible, Dad. How will she get pregnant if she does not have a boyfriend?" Ethan asked.

"That's what we know, Ethan. Hindi na tayo sigurado ngayon." RJ replied.

"Can we not conclude please?" Maine said. "Hintayin natin yung sasabihin ng doctor." She added.

"How can we not conclude when it is very obvious that she is pregnant?" RJ said in a loud voice.

"You don't need to shout at me, Faulkerson Jr." Maine exclaimed back. "Ayoko lang mag-isip ng kung anu-ano ngayon. My daughter's condition comes first." She added.

"Dad, Mom, this is not the right place to argue about that." Ethan said and only then that they realized a few eyes are on them.

"Given that she is pregnant, may magagawa pa ba tayo?" Maine softly asked.

"How can she do this to us?" RJ said.

"I told you to take it easy on her." Maine said.

"So you are saying that this is my fault?" RJ irritably asked. "It is my fault that she betrayed us?" He added.

"Dad, Mom, the bickering is not helping." Ethan said.

RJ and Maine choose not to talk anymore and wait for the doctor's advice about Celestine's. "I'm sorry, Love. Ang dami ko lang kasing naiisip, tapos sobra pa akong worried kay Celestine." RJ said after a few minutes.