33 - Confused

Celestine is quiet after her visit to her OB-Gyne. She is supposed to call AJ to tell him the good news but she could not get the energy to do it as she is busy blaming herself for her complacency.

"Kain muna tayo Ate before ka pumasok sa work." Hailey said as she noticed how disturbed Celestine is. She could not ask her directly as their driver might hear something very sensitive.

"Are you hungry, Hailey?" Celestine asked.

"Okay lang naman ako. I am just wondering if you would like to talk about what's bothering you." Hailey replied.

"Manong mag-stop tayo sa first restaurant na makikita natin, mag-lunch muna kami ni Hailey before ako pumunta sa office." Celestine instructed the driver.

From the time they entered the restaurant until their food is served Celestine remains speechless. Hailey is beginning to worry as she knows too much stress may affect the baby in Celestine's womb.

"Have you told Kuya AJ the good news?" Hailey asked

"Not yet. I don't know how. This is very untimely. My appointment will be in two months. Also, hindi ko alam kung ano ang magiging reaction ni AJ sa pagbubuntis ko. We have so many plans and he might get mad at me because I was so careless." Celestine sadly replied.

"I don't think he will get mad. That baby is a blessing and maybe this is right time to tell your family about you and Kuya AJ. As to your appointment as FCC President, I don't believe that your Dad will take it back just because you are pregnant." Hailey said.

"Grabe ang gulo-gulo ng isip ko ngayon, Hailey. This is really untimely, maraming pa kaming plano ni AJ. Also, I'm sure my parents will be very disappointed in me. Four weeks pa lang naman, pwede pa sigurong ....." Celestine said and Hailey quickly interrupted.

"Kahit two or three weeks pa lang, hindi mo pwedeng tanggalin yan. Please wag mong gagawin yan, kasalanan sa Diyos yang iniisip mo Ate." Hailey firmly said.

"But I am a disappointment." Celestine said while tears started to stream down her face.

"Definitely, your parents will be disappointed but that does not mean that they will hate you for being pregnant. Please Ate Celestine, kahit isipin lang wag mong isiping tanggalin ang baby dyan sa tyan mo. You will only prove to everyone that you are indeed a disappointment if you choose to get rid of the baby. You need to talk to Kuya AJ immediately para maliwanagan 'yang isip mo." Hailey said.

"But what shall I do?" Celestine asked.

"Marami kang pwedeng gawin maliban sa tanggalin ang baby dyan sa tyan mo. Sabihin mo agad kay Kuya AJ, sya ang mas dapat mag-isip ng dapat nyong gawin. You have to tell him immediately para mawala ang apprehensions mo. You have to be together in handling this situation." Hailey said. "Please Ate Celestine, promise me that you will not do something bad that you'll regret in the future." She said.

"Takot din naman ako sa naisip ko, Hailey. It is just that, hindi ko kasi alam kung ano ang gagawin ko eh." Celestine said.

"Basta para sa akin, kayong dalawa ni Kuya AJ ang dapat munang mag-usap." Hailey said.

"Thank you for being here, Hailey. This means a lot to me." Celestine said.

"Thank you for asking me to be with you. Thank you for your trust." Hailey said. "So kelan mo sasabihin kay Kuya AJ ang tungkol sa pagbubuntis mo?" She asked.

"When he gets back from Malaysia." Celestine replied.

"Bakit hihintayin mo pa syang makabalik, bakit hindi ngayon na lang." Hailey asked.