39 - Burst of Emotions

RJ felt that his mind is about to explode when he hears the revelation from Dra. Sanchez. He refused to believe that Celestine is capable of aborting her own child. He admits that she is a bit stubborn, but not to the extent of killing an innocent child.

"Would you like to talk about it?" Maine asked RJ as she sees how troubled her husband is. "Ethan and AJ are waiting for Celestine in her room. Let's have coffee first, mamaya pa naman ililipat si Celestine sa room nya eh." Maine uttered and pulls RJ going to the nearest coffee shop.

Maine ordered brewed coffee for them. She shooked her head seeing RJ too bothered, as the latter only stares at the cup of coffee in front of him. "Tell me what's on your mind." Maine said.

"Do you think she can do that?" RJ asked.

"I don't believe our Celestine can do that. Alam nya na malaking kasalanan sa diyos ang i-abort ang baby nya. Also, I keep on telling her how her biological mother sacrificed just so she could live. Celestine knows the value of life. She cannot do that to her child." Maine said.

"But what if ginawa talaga nya dahil sa takot nya sa atin, sa akin particularly." RJ asked.

"Are we going to ask her?" Maine asked.

"Yes, but hindi muna ngayon. Let her fully recover first. Baka kung ano ang mangyari sa kanya kapag ngayon natin sya tatanungin." RJ said.

"What are we going to do if Celestine admits aborting her baby?" Maine asked.

"Babalik sya sa bahay at hindi na sya pwedeng makipagkita sa AJ na yun. Obviously, hindi magandang impluwensya ang lalaking yun sa kanya. Hindi magkaka-lakas ng loob si Celestine gawin ang mga ganung bagay kung walang taong susuporta sa kanya at magsasabing walang masama sa ginawa nya. I don't trust that AJ guy, Love." RJ said.

"But we can be wrong, Faulkerson, Jr." Maine said.

"Did you see how that guy panicked when something bad happened to Celestine? Hindi impossibleng pinag-usapan nila ni Celestine to abort the baby." RJ said. "For the meantime, pagbibigyan kita, I will give AJ and Celestine the benefit of the doubt. Kapag sigurado akong magaling na si Celestine, that will be the time na mag-uusap tayo ng masinsinan. I am not letting this slide just that." RJ further said.

Maine and RJ returned to the hospital as soon as Ethan texted them that Celestine was already transferred to her room. RJ is brokenhearted seeing Celestine's condition. Distress is very evident in her even she is asleep.

As agreed with his wife, he lets AJ stays until Celestine wakes up. Despite their awkwardness to each other, RJ would like to see Celestine's reaction when she sees AJ in her room.

It is passing midnight when Celestine wakes up. She felt pain all over her body and suddenly bursted in tears when she sees RJ and Maine sleepin on the couch. "Daddy." She softly said enough for the people in her room to wake up.

"Celestine, kamusta pakiramdam mo?" Maine asked.

"Mommy, I'm sorry." Celestine said while crying.

"Stop crying baby, makakasama sa iyo. You need to rest para gumaling ka agad." Maine said.

"Please don't get mad at me, Daddy." Celestine said while RJ remained staring at her.

"We will talk about that kapag magaling ka na." RJ coldly replied.

Celestine sees AJ looking at her from the corner of the room. She smiles at him and looks at RJ and Maine. "Daddy, Mommy, I'm sorry that you meet AJ this way. This is not how we planned of telling you the truth." She said.