35 - Plans

Celestine reports to work in the lighter mood the next day. Her talk with AJ the previous night helped her to gather her senses and bank on to their love with each other. She knows it would be tough to face her parents to tell them her condition but she and AJ will confidently do it holding hands as they believe that they got each other's back.

"Good morning, Ms. Celestine." Nica greeted her boss.

"Good morning, Nics. What is my schedule for today?" Celestine vibrantly asked.

"Two project status meeting, one in the morning at 10am and the other at 2pm." Nica replied.

"Okay, tapos na ba yung report natin for the board. I promised to submit the draft to the president before end of day, today." Celestine said.

"It was emailed to you last night, perhaps you can review it one more time before we submit it to the office of the president." Nica replied.

"Great, sige basahin ko muna. I still have time since 10am pa naman yung first meeting ko." Celestine said. "Thank you, Nics, you are so dependable." She further commented.

"You don't have to thank me, Ms. Celestine. It is my job to make things easy for you." Nica replied. "And if I may comment, I am happy to see you lively today compared to a gloomy mood yesterday." She uttered.

"I don't want to stay sad while I am pregnant, baka paglabas ng anak ko nakasimangot na agad at hindi marunong ngumiti." Celestine said.

"So itutuloy mo na ang pagbubuntis mo? How will you tell this to Mr. President?" Nica asked.

"Yes, AJ and I talked about it last night and we will tell the folks about my condition as soon as he arrives from Malaysia." Celestine said.

"I see. I hope your condition will not affect your coming appointment as FCC President." Nica commented.

"I honestly don't care anymore, Nics." Celestine said.

"I thought being FCC's President is your dream." Nica said.

"Yes, before this happens. AJ and I worked hard to get the presidency position in our company because we both dream on having project collaboration to end the business rivalry of our companies." Celestine said.

"Maganda ang naisip nyong project collaboration." Nica commented.

"I know but that is impossible to happen while my Dad sits as FCC President and Jake Espiritu as EGCC's President." Celestine said.

"But si Architect AJ na ang presidente ng EGCC. Are you saying that the project collaboration is not possible even si Architect AJ na ang EGCC President?" Nica asked.

"Lagi namang open ang mga possibilities, Nics. Like yung appointment ko as FCC President, possibleng matuloy possible rin hindi. Pero knowing my, Dad, mas malamang na hindi nay un matutuloy." Celestine uttered.

"Hindi naman siguro gagawin yun ni Mr. President. Mahihirapan sya if he assumes two positions, the Chairman at the same time the President." Nica commented.

"He will not assume two positions, Nics. But possibleng mag-appoint sya ng ibang tao maliban sa akin." Celestine said.

"Paano na yung dream natin, you as FCC President and I as the president's executive assistant?" Nica said.

"I can recommend you to be the executive assistant of the next FCC's President." Celestine said.

"Ay hindi naman ganon ang ibig kong sabihin, Ms. Celestine. Ikaw pa rin ang gusto kong maging FCC President kasi ang laki na ng hirap mo para sa position na yun. Parang hindi naman tama na mapupunta lang sa iba ang position na walang kahirap-hirap. Unfair naman yun on your part." Nica objected.