48 - What Daddy Wants

"You are up early. Hindi mo naman kailangang gumising ng maaga since next week ka pa naman babalik sa work. Sulitin mo na ang bakasyon mo at siguradong sasabak ka na sa mas mahirap na trabaho next week." Maine said when Celestine joins them for breakfast.

"Ayoko naman pong masanay na tanghali nang gumising. Good morning, Mom. What's for breakfast?" Celestine asked and gives her Mom a good morning.

"Bacon, eggs, and toast plus the usual fruits. May gusto ka bang breakfast aside from what's on the table?" Maine asked.

"No, Mom. What's on the table is fine." Celestine said while occupying the seat beside Edmond.

"Where is Dad?" Celestine asked

"Pababa na yun. Tinanghali ng gising eh." Maine replied.

"Since you are not going to work, you might want to watch my game this afternoon, Ate." Edmond said.

"Why not, bro. Tara Ethan, let's watch Edmond's game." Celestine replied.

"Okay lang, basta pupunta tayo sa Cavite track on weekend." Ethan replied.

"I like that." Celestine replied.

"Sobrang miss na ng kambal si Ate Celestine. And it seems they forgot that their sister is on sick leave and not on vacation leave." They heard a familiar authoritative voice speaks.

"Good morning, Faulkerson, Jr." Maine greeted.

"Good morning, Love." RJ replied and gives his wife a kiss.

"Good morning, Dad." His children greeted in unison.

"Your sister is not allowed to go out while she is on sick leave. She need to rest before she gets back to work next week." RJ said.

"But we will just watch the game, Dad." Ethan said.

"You may do it some other time. Hindi magandang tingnan if she goes anywhere while she is on sick leave. It might bring a bad example to her people." RJ explained.

"And I support your, Dad on that." Maine said. "Next time nyo na lang i-date ang ate nyo." She further said.

"That is close to impossible. Nung hindi pa president si Ate, she has no time for a vacation leave, ngayon pang president na sya." Edmond commented.

"Well, she has to find time if she wants to have time with you guys." RJ meaningfully uttered.

"That would mean a lifetime of waiting for her to have time." Ethan replied.

"Don't worry, boys. I will make sure to find time para makapag-bonding naman tayo. For the meantime, as per the Chairman's instruction, I have to stay home to rest." Celestine said.

"Fine." Ethan and Edmond disappointedly replied.

"You were home late last night, Dad. What was that about, a new project for FCC?" Celestine asked that causes RJ and Maine looked at each other.

"I just had a meeting with someone who gave FCC a very tempting offer." RJ replied.

"Really, Dad. I get excited, share mo naman what was it." Celestine said.

"Not now, Ms. President. Pinag-iisipan ko pa eh." RJ said.

"If you say it is somekind of a tempting offer, why would you still about it?" Celestine said.

"Celestine, you have to learn that you don't need to accept all tempting offers. Yung mga ganung offers ang mas dapat pinag-iisipan." RJ said.