15 - Knight in Shinning Armour

Celestine hits the bed early because of exhaustion at work. Her pressure at work builds up because of AJ's absence. The latter is always her 'someone to depend on'. Several designs are on her table to review. She is not new to that kind of work but she is more confident in deciding if she gets AJ's opinion. He is her number one critic but also her number one fan whenever she did something right.

She could not control herself to recall how AJ convinced her to accept her Dad's offer to be FCC's Head of Sales Department. They were still friends when it happened and she was still mending a broken heart when the opportunity came. He was her best friend. AJ never left her especially when her relationship with Jericho went rough.

"I believe you should consider your Dad's offer of promotion. Mas mabuti na yung marami kang ginagawa kesa naghihintay lang mga ipapagawang presentation ng Daddy mo. It will make you forget him." She remembers AJ told him when she mentioned about her Dad's plan of promoting her to as FCC's Head of Sales Department.

"Ayoko, hindi ko kaya yun." She replied.

"That is not true, you will not graduate Cum Laude for nothing. I know you can do it Tin, I believe you can handle the FCC's Sales Department." AJ seriously uttered.

AJ has the same statement as her Dad. If the offer comes before the break-up, she is confident that she can handle the position. Her Dad will be there to guide her, AJ will be there to boost her confidence and Jericho will be there to be her inspiration. But it came when one of the important men in her life abruptly leave her for another woman.

"Ito ngang simpleng resources manager hindi ko ma-handle ng maayos, yun pa kayang Sales Department Head. I will not accept the offer." She firmly said.

"If you have that kind of attitude, don't you dare bother me with work stuff anymore." AJ said.

"So pati ikaw, iiwan na rin ako? I thought we were friends." Celestine asked.

"Excuse me, between the two of us, ikaw ang unang nang-iwan." AJ abruptly replied.

"Paki-ulit please. Ako ang iniwan ni Jericho at ikaw kakasabi mo lang na wag ka nang istorbohin." Celestine uttered.

"Between the two of us, ikaw ang unang nang-iwan. Iniwan ka ni Jericho, at ikaw naman, eto unti-unting bumibitaw sa sarili mo. I never leave you Tin, you know I won't leave you, that's how much I love you." AJ sincerely said.

"Sabi ko naman sa iyo, hanap ka na lang ng iba. You deserve someone better than me, AJ. Friendship is the only thing I could offer you." Celestine said.

"Wag na nga nating pag-usapan yan. Lumalayo tayo sa topic eh." AJ said.

"But I am serious AJ. Please find someone better than me. Hindi ako bagay sa iyo. Ang gulo-gulo ng buhay ko." Celestine uttered.

"The last time I checked, you have a very strong support system. Your family is always there to support you. Ikaw lang ang gumugulo sa buhay mo na hindi naman talaga magulo. You only want to believe that you are a mess para ma-guilty si Jericho sa ginawa nya sa iyo. Come on, Tin, tatlong buwan na since nag-split kayo ni Jericho. He is already engaged, therefore malabong bumalik pa sya sa iyo. So please lang stop drowning yourself in misery because of someone who does not even bother to apologize for hurting you." AJ straightly uttered.