51 - Love

Their talk is enough for AJ and Celestine to bank on to their divorce for them to get back together.  Now they both understand that love isn’t like laying on a bed of roses but it entails sacrifices in order to strengthen it. They learned that they need to have faith to each other and hope for a better future ahead.

RJ smile when he saw Celestine lazily resting at the lanai when he came home one evening.  He sees boredom all over his daughter.  Celestine is not used to be idle because since high school, him and his Dad slowly trained her to take over the family business.

“Hello, Dad.  I can’t believe that you are home early.  I’m sure Mommy will again brag about you missing her a lot.” Celestine told RJ.

“But it is true, sobrang na-miss ko na ang Mommy mo today.  What are you doing here?” RJ asked.

“Resting, again.  Ang tagal naman ng Monday para makapasok na ako sa office. I miss working, Dad.”  Celestine said then gave her Dad a peck on his cheek.  “Mommy forbids me to do work stuff kaya sobrang bored na ako Dad.  Please naman po, tell Mom to allow me to read my emails at least once a day.” Celestine uttered.

“Sick leave ka di ba?  You should take advantage of your leave and rest to have more energy when you get back to work.” RJ said.  “Where is your, Mom?” He asked and sits beside Celestine.

“She is in the kitchen preparing for dinner.” Celestine replied.

“Why don’t you help her in the kitchen para naman mawala ang boredom mo.” RJ uttered.

“Kitchen is not the place for me, Dad.” Celestine said.

“Sinabi na rin sa akin ng Mommy mo yan.” RJ said.  “But look at her now, inaagawan na ng trabaho ang cook natin.  Yan edad mo na yan, dapat marunong ka na sa kusina.” He further said.

“I know how to wash the dishes.” Celestine uttered.

“But it would be better if you know how to cook.  Alangan namang puro food delivery ang ihahain mo sa pamilya mo.” RJ said and Celestine chuckles.  “What’s funny?” RJ asked.

“Wala naman po, it is just that this is the first time we talk about me having a family in the future.” Celestine said.

“Bakit wala ka bang balak magkaroon ng sariling pamilya pagdating ng araw?” RJ asked.

“Parang ikaw naman ang ayaw na magkaroon ako ng sariling pamilya in the future.” Celestine commented.

“That is not true.  Ayoko lang na magpadalus-dalos ka because I don’t want you be hurt.” RJ said. 

“What make you change your mind now?” Celestine asked.

“Walang akong ‘change of mind’, I just believe that you are ready.  Do you remember that I told you na papayag lang akong ligawan ka kapag ikaw na ang president ng FCC.  I am keeping that promise, Celestine.” RJ said.

“If only I kew that I will assume the position two years earlier, sana hindi ako nagmadali.  Wala sana ako sa ganitong sitwasyon.” Celestine said.

“Are you mad at me kasi sobrang higpit ko sa iyo?” RJ asked.

“I am not mad at you, Dad.  It is just that I could not understand your point before.  When Jericho broke up with me, ikaw ang sinisi ko.  I keep telling myself na tinakot mo si Jericho that was why he falls for another girl.  And that was the reason why I choose to keep from you my relationship with AJ.  Forgive for the word, Dad but I hate it when you meddle on the matters of my heart.” Celestine said.