42 - Tough Decision

AJ's heart breaks while he watches his wife sleeping as sadness is very evident in Celestine even while asleep. He sees small tears in her eyes and it makes him really frustrated. Ethan's statement when they were in the hospital keeps on repeating in his mind. "Marrying my sister without the blessing of our parents only shows insincerity. Much more sa Korea pa kayo nagpakasal where you could file a divorce easily."

It is just frustrating that a teenager like Ethan Faulkerson made him realized how coward and disrespectful he was on Celestine's parents. His wife will not be sad if he was just brave enough to face the Faulkersons and ask for Celestine's hand in marriage.

He planned his proposal on their first year anniversary together and buying the engagement ring was one of his itinerary during that South Korea trip. But Celestine's pleasant surprise changed everything he planned. He was not able to think straight and all he has in mind that time was to make sure that him and Celestine will be together for the rest of their lives.

In the morning, AJ did not went straight to EGCC building. He decided to do what he should have done before.

"Sir, Architect AJ Garcia requested to see you but he does not have an appointment. And nakikiusap po sya na kung pwede daw kayong makausap." The secretary of RJ told him.

"What is my schedule for today?" RJ asked.

"Your are free the whole day sir. You asked me to block this day for your preaparation for the board meeting tomorrow." RJ's secretary replied.

"Fine, you may let him in." RJ said. "What do you need?" he asked as soon as AJ enters his office.

"I know you are a busy man, sir. I'm sorry to just barge in without an appointment." AJ said.

"You are going around the bush, tell me straight what you want so you may leave immediately." RJ said.

"First I would like to apologize for my cowardness. I am very sorry for being disrespectful to you and your wife." AJ said while RJ listens with a blank facial expression.

"I am very much in love with your daughter, sir. And I hope that you'll forgive us for what we did. I know you don't trust me because of my business affiliation but Celestine and I make sure that we separate work from our personal life." AJ apologized.

"How long have you been together?" RJ asked.

"We are together for more than a year already, sir. We got married when we celebrated our 11th month of togetherness." AJ replied.

"Ibig sabihin mahigit isang taon nyo na kaming niloloko." RJ said.

"I apologized again, sir. We did not mean to keep the relationship from you but Celestine was very scared on how will you take it kapag nalaman nyo." AJ said.

"Celestine was scared and so are you. Ibig sabihin wala kang balls. How can you protect my daughter kung sa ganong ka simpleng bagay hindi mo kayang gawin?" RJ straightly said.

"I accept whatever you say, sir. But I am begging you to spare Celestine with your anger. Sa akin na lang po kayo magalit." AJ said.

"How can I spare her if she clearly betray me because of you, an enemy?" RJ said.

"Please forgive us, sir." AJ continue apologizing. "Celestine is very sad. Hindi sya kasi sanay na nagagalit kayo sa kanya. Sir, please, tell me what should I do para mapatawad nyo po kami and accept Celestine again?" He asked.

"I can only accept Celestine back if she breaks up with you. She will get back everything that was hers before this happens. She can come home and sit as FCC President only if she breaks up with you." RJ declared.