44 - Lolo Ricky

Celestine is quiet while they are on their way home. Maine and RJ respected the silence as they know that what Celestine is currently getting through is hard. RJ knows that his daughter is hurting but he has to be firm with his decision to make sure that Celestine's heartbreak from Jericho will not happen again.

"Go to your room and rest. Let's visit the salon tomorrow." Maine told Celestine.

"Dad, pwede bang mag-apply ako sa FCC kahit administration staff, okay lang po sa akin. I just want to go back working." Celestine said.

"Pero Celestine, you are not completely healed." Maine objected.

"If I stay home and do nothing, I will just drown myself in misery. I want to do something para makalimutan ko lahat ng nangyari sa akin." Celestine said.

"Pero hindi ka pa nga magaling, Celestine." Maine insisted.

"Technically you are on sick leave, you may go back to work anytime you want." RJ declared.

"But I already submitted my resignation, Dad." Celestine said.

"Your Lolo asked me to hold it until he talks to you." RJ said.

"Is he mad at me?" Celestine asked.
"I don't know." RJ replied. "Anyway, if you really want to return to work, we may proceed with original plan. You will present your report to the board tomorrow." RJ said.

"That's cruel, Faulkerson, Jr. Your daughter is sick and too much pressure at work may not be good for her. Ano ka ba naman, kakalabas lang ni Celestine sa hospital kahapon. I will not allow her to go back to work immediately." Maine said.

"I said if she really want to work. If she thinks she is not yet ready to present your report to the board, I will not insist." RJ said.

"I will do it, Dad." Celestine said.
"Celestine, hindi pwede hindi ka pa magaling." Maine strongly objected.

"I want to do it, Mommy." Celestine said.

"I wont allow it." Maine insisted.

"Please, Mommy. Let me do it." Celestine said.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Celestine?" RJ asked. "You have to be sure. I remember that before everything happened, you were very hesitant to present your report to the board. What made you change your mind?" He further asked.

"Like what you've said, Dad. Presenting my report to the board is the original plan before this brouhaha happened. I hope that despite what happened, you still believe that I can do this, Dad." Celestine said.

"I always believe in you, Celestine. You were the one who don't believe in yourself." RJ said.

"Then please let me do the presentation to the board tomorrow." Celestine said.

"Let me ask your Lolo first." RJ said before he took his phone and calls his Dad.

After a few minutes, RJ hangs up and said,"Fine, ganito na lang ang gawin natin para hindi naman magalit ang Mommy mo. You will present to the board tomorrow but you will officially go back to work next week. After your presentation you will go with your Mom in the salon." RJ said. "Is that a fair deal, Love?" RJ asked Maine.

"May magagawa pa ba ako kapag pinagtulungan nyo na ako, dinamay nyo pa si Dad?" Maine said in surrender.

"Thank you, Mommy." Celestine said before she hugs Maine. "Thank you, Daddy." Celestine then turned to RJ and hugs him.