46 - Chairman x Chairman

Andrew Garcia, Sr. is a bit early at the place preferred by RJ Faulkerson for their talk. He requested to talk to RJ about his son AJ. He and Gara got surprised to see AJ come home the other day with all his stuff.

Gara insisted to know what was bothering AJ as that was the first time, their eldest son went home in a very gloomy mood and eyes were all red as if he shed tons of tears. "Celestine and I broke up." AJ said and suddenly bursted in tears while him and Gara were shocked at AJ's revelation. Too many questions came into his mind. When and how did it happen? Were they already in a relationship when Celestine attended the GHS anniversary party? Does Celestine has something to do with the numerous wins of FCC over EGCC lately? Is AJ's sudden breakdown due to a rude treatment of the Faulkersons to his son?

He noticed how his son's eyes were glued at Celestine during the GHS anniversary celebration. His wife Gara was obviously rooting for them and he has no objection on it. Only to find out that rooting AJ and Celestine is no longer necessary.

AJ told them everything when he calm down. He grief upon learning what happened to the baby who could have been their first grandchild. He understands RJ's point of view and if he is in his shoe he would be disappointed, too. But not the point of asking the children to break-up. For him that is too much, but on the other hand he does not know what is on RJ's mind to ask AJ to break up with Celestine and that he intend to find out.

"Chairman Andrew Garcia, Sr." He heard someone says his name.

He stood up upon seeing Richard Faulkerson, Jr. in front of him. He offered his hand for a handshake and the latter accepted it.

"Please have a sit. I received a text message from my secretary saying that you are on your way that's why I asked to serve the food para hindi na tayo maghintay. We asked your secretary about your food preference specially during dinner time. And she said that you only take light meals on dinner. I hope we don't disappoint you on the food on the table." Andrew politely uttered.

"Fish and vegetable salad is just perfect." RJ said.

"Let's eat then while it's hot." Andrew said. "By the way, thank you for accepting my invitation for this talk. I know that you are a busy man Mr. President. I really appreciate that you come and see me tonight." Andrew said.

"I hope you don't mind, but it is Chairman Richard Faulkerson, Jr. from now on." RJ said.

"I'm sorry, I did not know about that sudden change in FCC. What happen to Chairman Ricky?" Andrew asked.

"My Dad choose to retire in L.A. with my sister." RJ said.

"Bakit parang wala pa sa news yung retirement ni Chairman Ricky?" Andrew asked.

"Medyo impulsive ang Dad ko minsan. His retirement and my appointment was only announced yesterday during our board meeting." RJ said.

"Congratulations, Mr. Chairman." Andrew said.

"Thank you." RJ replied.

"Double hat ka na ngayon. Chairman and President ng FCC." Andrew commented.

"No, my daughter Celestine is the new FCC President." RJ replied.

"Congratulations to her." Andrew said.

"I will tell her that." RJ said.

"I met her when she attended the GHS' anniversary party. She is a very fine, elegant and smart lady. Appointing her as FCC President is a wise decision." Andrew again commented.