Chapter 23 - Meet Again

Nighttime.

Inside his room, Naoto is laying down on the futon. Beside him, Iroha uses Naoto's body as a pillow while reading a picture book. Shiro the white cat is being hugged by Iroha like a pillow.

He is making a phone call to someone right now.

"Ah, hello, Kanae?"

"[Yes~]."

"Hear this! Today I made more friends!"

Kanae who is painting her fingernail using pale-colored nail polish needs to hold her phone with her head and shoulder. She feels very happy to hear what Naoto just said.

"Really? Good for you Nao~."

"[Yeah~]."

Iroha looks up at Naoto.

"Is that onee-sama? Can I talk to her?"

"Later okay Iroha, onii-chan is trying to have a conversation with Kanae first. I will let you talk with her after this."

Iroha nodded with a smile and went back to read her book.

"Mm~, Okay~."

"[Is that Iroha?]"

"Mm, she said she wants to talk to you after this."

"[My~, sure~. So, who are they?]"

"The first one is a guy called... Tapio... no, it's Giyuu. He's a quiet type of guy and pretty strict. He also a public moral committee member."

"[Ah, I have heard about him before from my friend. People say he never show any expression, is that true?]"

"Yes, not even once. But today, I see him smiling."

"[Really? If you can see the other side of people never show to you before, that means he already accept you~.]"

"Yes! I take his picture in secret, I'll send it to you later."

"[My~, I can't wait to see it. So who is the remaining people you make friends with?]"

"Um, we are working in the same group for today's project. But we already exchange phone numbers. They called Suma and Makio."

"[Oh? You also become friends with both of them?]"

"You know them?"

"[Yes, they are Hinatsuru-san childhood friends. The four of us always have lunch together in the class.]"

"Ah, this is news to me."

"[The last one?]"

"The last one is my class prez, her name is Soryuin Koyuki. Soryuin-san is very kind, she also keeps encouraging me. Thanks to both of you I think I can..."

"[...]"

Naoto feels weird because Kanae suddenly become too quiet.

"Kanae?"

"[Ah, sorry, I'm a bit dazed today. So, this... Koyuki-chan right?]"

"Yes."

"[She's a girl right?]"

"Hm? Yes. What's wrong?"

"[Ah, n-no, please continue. Tell me what you do today~.]"

"Yes, you see..."

Naoto continue to tell everything happen today to Kanae, and Kanae keeps listening to what Naoto says with great interest. But the thing she's interested in is something else.