Chapter 24 - Slander

The next day.

In the class, Naoto is reading a book alone on his seat. Because today is self-study, he can do anything he wants. Just like the other student who talk with each other rather than studying.

At the same time, he heard the boys around him chatted in a group.

"Who do you think is the most beautiful in this middle school?"

"I think it's Akoya-senpai from 3-C."

"Ah, but she's third year, right? She will move up soon."

"My favorite is Nene-senpai, she's from 2-C."

"Oh, Nene-senpai is in a swimming club, right? She got a hot body!"

"What do you think about Koyuki-chan?"

"Ahhh, she's probably the most good looking in our class."

"Mm, she's cute. But too pure for me."

"Suma-chan, and Makio-chan also pretty good looking."

"I don't mind Suma-san, but Makio-san is pretty scary. She gets angry easily."

"I think that's what makes Makio-chan unique. Oh, I heard that Suma-chan and Makio-chan is a friend with Hinatsuru from 1-A. They are childhood friends I heard."

"Hinatsuru-san huh, she looks beautiful and more mature compared to Suma-san and Makio-san."

"Hinatsuru-san is top tier, but we can't forget about Kochou Kanae. She's also in the same class as Hinatsuru-san."

"Right! Right! The first time I saw her, I feel I got captivated by her."

"Mm, mm, that warm voice, that gentle voice, and she got a look."

"I'll try to get close to her!"

The moment one of the boys said that the book on Naoto hand ripped a little.

"Don't you think the hurdle is too high? Why don't you aim for someone lower?"

"I can't! I already fall in love with her!"

"Your standard is too high..."

"How about we ask Karasuma? He looks pretty close to her, they always go home together and chat with each other. Surely he knows a thing or two about her."

"Eh... but... Although he becomes more approachable, he's still pretty scary... And I heard he is helping Uzui Tengen to take over this school..."

"It's okay! It's just a rumor! Let me help you!"

Some of the boys approach Naoto with a smile.

"Karasuma, you are close with Kochou Kanae from class 1-A right?"

Slowly, Naoto turns to look at the boys with a flat face.

"Yeah, we already know each other when I was five years old."

"For real?! That's great! Do you know if she has any boyfriends or someone he likes?"

"I don't know."

"Hm, too bad. Then what-"

"I don't know."

"Eh? I have-"

"I don't know."

"Let me-"

"I don't know."

"I-"

"I don't know"

"..."

"..."

"O-okay... thank you for your time..."