Chapter 10 - New Owner

I haven't introduce Iroha yet.

So this is Iroha!! Li Meiling from Cardcaptor Sakura, because she's the closest one to my imagination.

Baby Iroha! She's timid and shy around strangers.

...................................................................

Airi look down on her son who carries two kitten in his arms. One is pitch black in color, while the other one is white. Her son is looking at her with his big brown eyes expectantly.

"Mother~, can I-"

"No."

Naoto pouted and look at Kanae.

"See? I told you..."

Kanae smiled wryly, why did he say that to her. She never says that it will work out or not.

"And, what happen to you? Did you got into another fight again?"

Naoto flinched in fear, he hurriedly hide behind Kanae. He's very afraid if his mother will scold him again.

"Kanae-chan, can you explain to me?"

"Ahahaha~... yes. When we go home..."

Kanae starts to explain everything to Airi in detail while Naoto keeps hiding in fear.

Airi nodded in understanding.

"I see now, so that's what happens."

Naoto peeked from Kanae shoulder and ask timidly.

"...Mother... you mad...?"

Airi sighed and smiled softly.

"Sigh... no, not at all. I just feel very worried seeing you come back in condition like this, but it seems Kanae-chan already treats all of your injuries. In fact, I feel very proud that you can protect Kanae-chan and yourself too."

Naoto smiles bloom.

"Mother... t-then, can I-"

"It's still a no."

His mother knows that he will ask to take care of the cat again.

"W-why!? This is a cat you know! A cat! It's cute! Plus it's a cat! And it's cute!"

"That's not a good reason."

Kanae steps in to help Naoto.

"Auntie, actually we found these two kitten in riverbank. They has been left by their mother, looks they are very skinny. We can't leave both of them alone. "

"That's right mother! Imagine this! Can you leave both me and Iroha behind to starve to death? Imagine your children need to dig trash bin every day just to find a scrap of food to get by. We barely have anything to eat, yet we are doing everything we can to survive. We live in a poor-looking house, water is leaking everywhere when it's winter it's very cold and we need to cuddle with each other because there is no warm blanket and bed to cover us. When we are sick-"