Chapter 74 - Shiro, Shiro, and Shiro

Ozaki and Iroha are squatting beside Shinobu who buries her head onto the fluffy brown chicken they named Roger. Being surrounded by a lot of furry animal still traumatized Shinobu.

"Shinobu-chan, we still got a job to do from the teacher. Let's go?"

Ozaki asked..

The reason why it took a bit of time for Shinobu to meet up with Iroha today is because they are being asked by the teacher to help with the preparation for parents day. On parents day, many parents and their families will come to join their child to compete with the other parents.

It's an important day for the students because it can make their relationship with their parents become tighter.

Shinobu, Iroha, and Kanao father, Eiji and Kanehiro is a very busy person. They rarely attend the parents day which made them a bit down. Luckily, their mother, Airi, and Setsuko are always free so they can attend it.

"Sob... mm, let's go."

Shinobu wipe her tears and put the chicken back to its cage. She look at Iroha and say.

"Sorry Iroha-chan, I still got a work to do."

"I will wait-"

"No, there is a lot of things I need to do so I'll probably come home late today. And I don't want you to stay here for too long, because those bastard will come back again. That's why go back by yourself first."

"...Okay... later Shinobu-chan, bye-bye Ozaki-chan."

"Mm~, bye-bye~."

"Be careful on the way home Iroha-chan."

"Mm."

Ozaki and Shinobu hurriedly run back inside the school building. Seeing her two friends disappear from her sight, Iroha shoulder dropped in disappointment, she pick her backpack up and exited the school ground.

Walking through the riverbank alone, Iroha feels a bit lonely. Usually she always go home with Shinobu, Kanao, Aoi, or Tanjirou. If Shinobu got something to do, then she will go home with Kanao and the others.

She didn't go home with Kanao, Aoi, and Tanjirou that often because the three of them always go somewhere to play first. However, Shinobu is always by her side all this time, but today she is alone. So she feel insecure about it.

When there is someone walk pass her, Iroha flinched and quickly take a step to the side in fright.

With her head hanging down, Iroha continue to walk dispiritedly.

"Uh... Shinobu-chan... Kanao-chan is not here today either..."

She look up to the clear blue sky and smiled a little, the weather is very beautiful today that it lift her spirit a little.

"I can't stay like this forever, I will cause trouble for Onii-sama and Shinobu-chan like this. Yosh, I will try-, eh? What is that?"

Iroha suddenly noticed something.

Under the blue sky, in the grasses near the river, she saw something white is moving among the green grasses, it made a rustling noises. Iroha eyes shined in happiness, she quickly run down to the riverside and approaching the rustling grass.

"Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you~."

She pick the white creature up from the grasses. Its body is long and full of white scale, its tongue keep sticking in and out as if it is tasting the air. It's a pretty big and long white snake.  A pair of small eyes are watching Iroha vigilantly.

"Don't worry mister snake, I'm not a bad guy."

Iroha smiled warmly and softly pet the white snake. Seeing Iroha bright smile, the snake calmed down. It didn't feel any discomfort or danger from Iroha, instead, it feel very comfortable being petted. Even it feel his owner is not as good as this little girl.