Chapter 73 - Iroha Day

"Gone... gone, gone gone!"

Early in the morning, a panicked voice of a man sounded from one of the house. He wore a muffler even inside the house, making people around him think that he is sensitive to cold.

For some reason his room looks like a broken ship, his usual tidy room is now in shambles. He keep throwing everything into the air as he search every gap and corner of his room for something important to him.

On his study desk, there is an aquarium without any water. Only some sands, rocks, and tree branches that looks perfect for reptile to live. However, the aquarium is empty, there is no living being live there.

"Ahhh! Kaburamaru! Where have you gone to!?"

"Obanai! What's wrong!?"

Mature voice of a woman sounded from downstairs.

Obanai open the door of his room and shouted.

"Mom! Kaburamaru is gone!!"

"What!?"

...

..

.

Kimetsu academy, high school building.

In one of the desk, Obanai face lay flat on the desk with gloomy air flying above his head. Sanemi and Naoto who sit in between Obanai look at each other in confusion. Sanemi is sitting behind Obanai while Naoto sit in front.

"Oi, what is happening to your friend? He is very energetic yesterday shouting at me."

"Why did you ask me you dolt, oi, Iguro, what is wrong with you? School just started for a week and you already lost all of your spirit? This is not like you."

"...Shut up both of you... I'm not in a mood to talk right now..."

Obanai weakly spoke.

This is the first time Obanai lost all of his spirit like this, so it greatly confused Sanemi and Naoto.

Suddenly Douma approach them with his antics behavior.

"Whose snake is that? I think I know.
Its owner is quite happy though.
Full of joy like a vivid rainbow,
I watch him laugh. I cry hello.

He gives his snake a shake,
And laughs until her belly aches.
The only other sound's the break,
Of distant waves and birds awake.

The snake is beautiful, eye and deep,
But he has promises to keep,
After cake and lots of sleep.
Sweet dreams come to him cheap.

He rises from his gentle bed,
With thoughts of kittens in his head,
He eats his jam with lots of bread.
Ready for the day ahead.

Obanai-kun my friend~, what could be bothering you~?"

Douma poem sends a chill onto Naoto and Sanemi body. It's still early in the morning and they already feel this disgusted.

"...Snake..."

That word made Obanai flinched, he slightly raises his head, showing a beautiful two-colored eyes. However, that eyes are staring dagger at Douma.

"Go away or I will make you biologically stop taking oxygen needed for your heart and brain to survive."

"Yes..."

Douma shoulder dropped and he walked away obediently.

Sanemi sweatdropped.

"That is a pretty roundabout way of telling someone to die."

Naoto rub his chin in amazement and say.