CHAPTER 4 - HOODIE GUY & UBER GIRL

Note – Ok Guys,Since this update is coming after four days.

Please embrace yourself for a super long one.

Almost a Maha Update.

Let me know what you guys think.

And now ill just let you all dive straight into it.

.................

Chapter 4 – Hoodie Guy & Uber Girl

Arnav's POV

My eyes were on the ball as I smashed it through the nets, it would have probably gone for a four in the field, if this was a match and I couldn't help but smile to myself as Ravi grinned at me from across the pitch – " damm you ASR,that was a good delivery..."

I grinned back at my friend,and team-mate – " yes that was..."

Ravi rolled his eyes at me , flexing his arm and rotating it – "you smashed it, it would have gone for a four, surely..."

I nodded at him from across and picked my bat in my hand and rotated it, and then walked to him and gave him a wink – " I thought so too...",and I paused as I spoke – " lets wrap up for the day ,its 3.45pm already, and you need to rest your shoulder before the game tomorrow.."

Ravi nodded – " another gruelling practice session, and I don't know why you leave to practice your shots with me for the end...",and he gave me a wink as he flung his hand over my shoulder – "not fair ASR, I am going to bowl first next time in the nets..i have to get you out this year, I haven't clean bowled you this year yet..."" I nodded at him and smiled – " ok, we can do that..." and I winked at him – "ill hit it your first bowl for a six then.."

Ravi laughed – " you love a challenge now don't you.."

I winked at him – "always.."

We walked into the locker room, and right then Cap D spoke – " ASR, Ravi cmon we were waiting for you to come back, boys I need to give you a little heads up, me and coach have decided that ill be taking a rest off tomorrows game...the physio has advised a two days rest for my back ,and I want to be fit for the final match.."

God.No.

I knew what was coming up next.

I was going to have to Captain the team, now that Cap was taking a rest, and I knew it was important for his back.

But, I didn't like to Captain the side.

It added too much pressure to my mind, and it made me share and shift the focus from my game.

But again, I couldn't help it.

I had to step in and shoulder the responsibility.

Cap went on – " ok, so ASR leads the side tomm, then.."

I nodded – " yes, Cap.."

Coach AD stepped in – "and a little change in the batting line up at Cap's position obviously.."Our coachs name was Anatheshwar Das, and we all called him Coach AD.

I sat on the bench in front of my locker and listened to the brief, and we all started to discuss about the strategy for the game tomorrow.

....

Fifteen minutes later

We got into the team bus that was now taking us back to the hotel, and I put on my earphones, and put on the playlist, and just as the music flowed into my ears, her thoughts finally came back in my head.

I had heard this same playlist in her presence yesterday, when she had driven me back to the hotel.

I had never experienced a more comfortable silence, like the one I had felt on the way back as she drove silently, and I looked out the window, and we smiled at each other in between, a couple of times, and I totally had her on my mind then as I was recapping the conversation we had, had.