CHAPTER 33 - 'STUMPED'

Helloooo everyone...

Surpriseeeee Guysssss!!!

Ok I am back with a 11k plus Superlong update.

All this Covid-19 virus scare has kind off changed my travel plans now!!!

Anyways I shall let you all dve in without further delay!

And I have given an note in the end about the further plan on Updates – which shall be on alternate days until the end of next week atleast.!

Okkk guys head on In.

..................

Chapter 33 – 'STUMPED'

FIVE DAYS LATER - 20th Feb

CHANDIGARH – JW MARIOTT - 10PM

Arnav's POV

SO YESSSSS!!!

We arrived in Chandigarh this afternoon from Dharamshala, where we Won the Second ODI.

South Africa won the First ODI here in Mohali,in a nail biting THRILLING victory.It had been a thrilling game of Cricket and even though the result was not in our favour...it was a Memorable Game.

So in the last year as a cricketer, I think I have really evolved on the emotional end that is attached with my Game..so you know how earlier I would worry too much about the result?? And beat myself over it by telling myself that I could have probably taken a extra run or saved some runs on the field or probably dived up higher to take a Catch Out – well I kind off don't do this to myself anymore and by just mentally controlling myself from going on this negative criticism kind of trip within has kind off really helped me evolve, adapt and improve my game in every aspect.

And I make it a point to tell myself every time before I step onto the field that I was going to give it my best,enjoy playing the game that I Loved,and learn and adapt to conditions on the field positively and then look back at the game with a positive attitude in my head with my complete focus on being able to find solutions that could help me improve and evolve further rather than focusing on the problem that happened. I have kind of learnt to focus on getting my attentions and energies in finding positive solutions and working towards them and I have realised that it's a much smoother approach to kind of help one evolve ,adapt to change and improve as a individual in any field – I mean in the sense that it feels like half the battle is won in the head if you focus your energies and channelize it positively in helping one innovate suitable solutions to one's issues...for their is no point in focusing on just the Negative. I mean ofcourse it is importat to understand why a underlying issue or a problem occurred, but what I mean is there is no point in just focusing on the issue or the problem because that way it will soon become a mountain out of a molehill – instead if one focuses finding solutions and strategies in working your way around these issues and problems – one would be in a much smoother and a peaceful and a sorted place in their head.

And so with this positive approach and my focus on just being Happy and enjoying myself on the field as I Play the Game I Love has kind off done Wonders for Me.And to add to that the fact that just by getting my mind to channelize all my energies towards constructive analysis(not critical – I have learned now that there is a very thin line in between the two – we often shift very easily from constructive anlaysis to negative criticism which doesn't kind off help as it starts to pull one down mentally), so what I mean is that by focusing on a constructive fair analysis of my very own performance has helped me improve a lot in my shot taking techniques and timings and my patience on the field as I outplay crucial overs and focus on taking strategic calculated shots based on the situation of the pitch and the bowler in front – and this approach towards my very own game in my head has kind off helped me evolve in terms of my adapting techniques on the pitch as well.