FIRST

Jennie -

"As beautiful as you, Jennie"

We stared at each other and her eyes showed me one thing that made my heart flutter - adoration.

"So did you propose already?" Lisa flinched and bumped her head at the edge of the table.

"Shit!"

"Oh my, are you okay?" I asked and checked Lisa's head for any bruises.

"I'm fine, I'm okay," she said and got up to her feet.

"Hush Lisa, don't be such a baby now. Your head is pretty harder than my table. See?? There's a dent on my table now. Tsk tsk"

I peeked at the table and Papi was right! The table was dented at the edge which got me curious at how did that happen if the table was made out of metal.

"Aish Papi, that hurts you know" Lisa whines while she caressed her head.

"Do you want me to get you some ice kid?" The old man says and I smile at how good they look together.

Papi is such a fatherly figure to Lisa.

I wonder how they met?

Lisa's eyes suddenly got fixated outside the window, I got curious and glanced where she was looking but there was nothing but an empty parking lot.

Can she see ghosts?

"I'll just grab something from the car, you stay here Jennie. Can you keep her company for a minute, Papi?" She asked the old man.

"I'll be more than happy to have this lady entertained" he winked at me and I chuckled.

Lisa narrows her eyes at me before turning her heel to the door and walking towards her car.

"Did you enjoy your food, Jennie?" Papi asks and I smiled at him.

He kinda reminds me of my dad. Someone who looks very strict but deep inside is actually a very sweet and loving man.

"Hey, why are you crying?"

I panicked at Papi's words and immediately wiped the tear that escaped my eye.

"I-I'm sorry Papi, I just... I just missed my dad" I said and bowed my head low.

"It's okay dear. That kid has been like a daughter to me. You can be my daughter too if you'd like" Papi said and looked at me with genuine eyes. I looked for Lisa who is MIA in the dark parking lot.

"How did you two meet? I mean, how did Lisa become close to you?" I asked and Papi stares at the ceiling as if he was trying to remember something from the past.

"Lisa saved me" he breathes and starts his story.

"My ex-wife left me and ran away with my daughter along with all my savings. I was heartbroken and I got into depression. I started to gamble with the little money left of me and that's where I made the biggest mistake of my life. I got addicted to gambling and my debt went higher each day until the loan sharks decided to pay me a visit here. I tried to outrun the money that I owe but of course, who would be able to outsmart people with a lot of connections? No one. So one night, a drunk Lisa was having her dinner at this very same corner when a group of gangsters trashed the place and tried to kill me. Lisa came to the rescue, she surprisingly knocked all the gangsters down with her incredible strength. For someone as skinny as her, I never imagined the strength she could possess. She was like a superhuman with superstrength. Her eyes even glowed red at that moment. It's really amusing but I never asked her about it. I just thought that maybe, her iris were swollen or maybe something was wrong with her eyes. I didn't care because she saved me."