THE FOUR

Jennie -

"Because I was once your guardian angel"

I didn't mean to act like a snobby bitch to Lisa's friends. But the moment those words left her mouth, I snapped and walked away.

I escaped the pain as soon as she told me who she was. For some unknown reason, I felt betrayed - disappointed that all along I had a guardian angel who never cared for me.

"Princess?"

I glanced at the door and saw Lisa peeking in so I pulled the sheets and hid from her. After a few seconds, I heard the door close and felt Lisa sliding in the bed.

"Talk to me my love, you know I can't read your mind and that pains me so please"

Heaving a sigh, I pulled the sheets that hid me and saw Lisa leaning at the bedframe with a worried look. She was clenching her jaw while she looked at me with a pained expression in her beautiful face.

"I'm sorry princess, I just.. I don't - "

She lowered her head but I saw her furrow her brows.

I didn't want to see Lisa frowning, it doesn't suit her. I sat up and brushed the frown from her forehead.

"Stop frowning" I pouted.

"Not being able to read your mind kills me when you're like this princess. You have to tell me what you're thinking or I will go crazy any minute now"

Studying Lisa, she looks worried and distracted. She looks like a normal human but no, she's a damn hot fallen angel - my fallen angel.

With one last sigh, I gathered some courage to share everything. I don't ever want to keep secrets from her, ever.

"I'm sorry for walking out.."

I bite my lower lip and looked at Lisa with tears brimming at the corner of my eyes.

"I - I was disappointed that I had a guardian all along. Ever since my parents died, I stopped believing in them. Knowing that they don't exist lessens the pain of why my life has been so unfortunate"

Lisa reached for my hand and pulled me to lean on her chest. I snuggled to her chest while she leaned at the headboard and brushed my hair.

"I miss them Lisa, I miss my parents. Why is the world so unfair? They did nothing wrong in their lives. They had always been a good person to their people and a good parents to me. If guardians do exist, why did they let my parents die?"

Tears didn't stop as they started to fall down.

"If she was my guardian, why did she let me suffer my whole life??? Why???"

I broke down into tears and Lisa's arms held me tight, her long slender arms wrapping my small frame like I was a fragile glass. Afraid that she might break me more than I already am, she kissed the top of my head as light as a feather.

"I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that princess. If only I came earlier, I could've protected you"

I shaked my head and mumbled on her chest.

"It wasn't your fault, no it wasn't"

She brushed my hair and I felt secured.

"Neither was Chaeng, my love"

I pulled away and frowned at her.

"What? Are you siding at her?"

"No, no no princess. Not like that"

"Then what?"

She heaved a sigh and held my hand.

"Look Jen, all guardians are forbidden to interfere. They watch over but they can never interfere. Yes, they do things to protect you but sometimes, they just can't. It was their duty to help humans grow strong and keep them away from harm. But there are times that the world is just unfair and even guardians can't do anything about it, especially death"