AVOIDANCE

Jennie -

I woke up early, too early compared to my usual schedule. I was earlier than my alarm which is funny by the way because I have 5 alarms to make sure I wake up.

Rummaging through my wardrobe, it was my first time to experience such a disaster - a disaster in which I am undecided about what should I wear.

Should I wear a dress today?

I checked myself in the mirror and studied the dress that I was holding - a simple white dress. Then I also checked the black off-shoulder and a mini skirt and it also looked good.

C'mon Jennie, just pick one!

Or maybe I should choose a simple shirt?

Would Lisa like it better if I wear a dress?

Hold it right there -

Girl did you just think about Lisa??

Wait, am I having a hard time choosing because of Lisa??

What the heck Jennie!

I battled with my subconscious for a little while before coming up with a decision. In the end, I settled for a white off-shoulder and boyfriend jeans.

I made some peanut butter sandwiches, I made two just in case I need two. Not that I'm thinking about giving Lisa the other or anything.

Ugh Jennie, stop lying to yourself.

Admit that you like her.

My subconscious says and I had to roll my eyes at her.

Fine, maybe just a little crush.

There, that's settled. I have a tiny teenie bit of crush on Lisa. Who wouldn't be right?? That woman oozes with sex appeal and who would resist someone like that? Plus she is a very protective and caring neighbor and friend. 

I checked the clock and realize that it was almost time to go.

I wonder if Lisa's already up?

I grabbed my bag, keys and the sandwich I made then went for the door. The hallway is quiet as usual and I stood in front of Lisa's door.

With a heart-thumping hard within my chest, I leaned on the door and tried to listen. Not sure of what I'm trying to find though but I'm hoping to hear footsteps or maybe Lisa's voice. After a few seconds, I didn't hear a single sound inside.

Maybe she already left.

I went down the elevator, passed by the lobby, and glanced at the space where Lisa parked her car last night but it wasn't there anymore.

Deep inside, I felt a little disappointed not to see her this morning.

I hailed a cab and went straight to campus. It was a bit early so I decided to eat the sandwich I made.

"Cheer up Kim, there's a whole day waiting for you"

I mumbled to myself and glanced at the sky. My eye caught a glimpse of a figure at the rooftop where Krystal tried to strip me in front of the whole school.

Lisa.

I went straight for the stairs and took two steps at a time.

Why am I this excited to see her anyway?

With a sharp intake of breath, I pushed the metal door open and the sun welcomed me, blinding my sight for a few seconds until my pupils dilated. Once my eyes adjusted, I glanced around the rooftop only to see nobody.