THE FALL OF AN ARCHANGEL

Chaeyoung -

I didn't know what happened next but after Jisoo kissed me, she blacked out and I lost my grip on her due to my state of shock.

"Oh no!"

She fell like a dead body and I had to fly fast. And just before she hit the ground, thank goodness I was able to grab her hand.

"Got you"

I pulled Jisoo and carried her bridal style.

"Let's get you home, dork"

I whispered as I spread my wings and fly her home. The night was quiet and I chuckled at how Jisoo looked so different when she's asleep. I swiftly entered through her window and laid her on her bed.

I pulled the sheets and tucked her in making sure she's comfortable. While I sat on the bed beside her and watch her sleep, my heart didn't stop from beating loudly.

Jisoo looked so peaceful in her sleep, her tiny snores made me smile and my heart felt light. My eyes unconsciously travelled to her lips and I felt my cheeks heat.

Why am I being like this?

"Chipmunk..."

I looked at Jisoo who was asleep and I noticed how her eyebrows furrowed while her eyes were still closed.

"Chipmunk I miss you. Don't ever leave again.."

She was mumbling in her sleep and my heart ached at the painful expression from her beautiful face, it didn't suit her at all.

"Chipmunk - " she whispers.

I stared at her and tucked the lose strands of her hair and then the next words she said changed everything I felt -

"I love you, my Chipmunk. Please..."

A tear rolled down her cheek and I didn't realize that a tear escaped mine too.

Sooyah...

Memories of our adventures and the times we spent together flashed like a movie. Ever since we were still angels and until she was casted out, she has always been there for me.

She took care of me, she always makes me happy and she never left my side.

Why?

Why didn't I realize it before?

Why now?

A loud thunder pulled me back to reality. My heart pounded hard and as I looked over the window, archangel Gabriel was there.

"Roseanne Park, your presence is being summoned"

"Allow me to bid my goodbye and I'll come with you"

He didn't respond.

Gabriel is the highest ranking archangel. His eyes were as blue as the ocean and his wings was the largest among all of us.

I glanced back at the sleeping girl who made my heart beat crazy and brushed the tear that was on her cheek.

"I'll see you soon, Kim Jisoo"

As I stride towards the window, my heart felt heavier the more I stepped away from her. But I have to, I need to and I will face it.

Gabriel nodded at me and I trailed behind him as we fly back to paradise.

The golden gates opened as we both landed in the path of eternal life. Gabriel led me to the Creator where the other Archangels were gathered. I stood in the middle of the others and in front of his throne.