HER PROMISE

Jennie -

"Lisa look at me"

"I said look at me!"

"No, I can't. Please Jennie" She tried to pull away but I was desperate -

Desperate to know the truth behind her eyes. It wasn't a coincidence that I saw her iris change its color to a shade of red multiple times.

I cupped her face and tried to calm her down. She was so angry at Krystal and Bobby's team all because of me.

"Open your eyes Lisa and look at me"

"You don't want to see me this way Jen, believe me"

What are you hiding Lisa?

"You don't need to see me this way Jen"

"Trust me I do, and nothing will ever change with the way I look at you"

I meant every word. I like her, I like this mysterious woman and I will never deny it anymore.

Lisa opened her eyes slowly and looked at me with lips set on a grim line.

When our gaze met, my heart raced frantically.

Red -

I knew I wasn't hallucinating. Her eyes actually do change color and her eyes are red.

"You're beautiful" was the first thing that came out of my mouth. I don't know why but I think I should be scared but I wasn't. Despite the crimson eyes that pierced through her enemies, it was still Lisa. And for me, she was beautiful as she has always been. Her eyes showed nothing but doubt so I pecked each of her crimson eyes and pulled her to an embrace.

"Tell me what you're thinking Lisa" I mumbled against the crook of her neck and pulled away so I can see her.

"I'm scared Jennie," she said and briefly closed her eyes.

My arms didn't leave her waist, and neither did Lisa's long slender arms.

"Scared of what?"

Slowly, she opened her big doe eyes and her iris have now returned to its normal color - brown.

She cupped my face and looked me straight in the eye. Her pupils dilated as she took a deep breath.

"I'm scared of losing you, not after this. Not after I realized how much I want to protect you, Jennie. I'm scared you'll run away after seeing how scary I can be. My eyes, my bad temper, it's just an inch of who I really am and I don't want to scare you away"

Breathless as I was, I didn't care. And I'm not going to deny that my heart hurled the moment she said that she is afraid to lose me. For the first time in years of not being wanted, I felt needed -

I felt loved. 

My tears fell and I placed my hand over Lisa's that held my face gently.

"Whatever you are, whoever you are, nothing will change Lisa. I will stay, and you can't do anything about that. I won't ever run away, but if you try to escape from me again, I'll cut your fingers one by one. Do you hear me?"

Her eyes went wide and then she chuckled.

"I hear you Ms. Kim, and I don't wish to lose my fingers so I will never try to escape - I'm staying and I promise to protect you no matter what"