MATCH

Jennie -

I managed to avoid Lisa the whole day. Or maybe because she didn't attend any of our classes together.

Krystal and her crew had already kept their space away from me and for the first time ever in this school - I felt normal.

I peeked at my phone to see if Lisa triednto message me atleast but there was nothing - no message, no missed calls, no Lisa at all.

Bell Rings.

"Alright class, that's all for today. Don't forget about your book assignments. Deadline will be on Monday"

Sighing heavily, I stepped out of the room and went straight to my locker. I tried to search for Lisa in the hallways but she was nowhere to be found.

Is she mad at me for walking out?

When I reached my locker, I noticed that there was a paper sticking out and realized that it was a note. I grabbed the paper and smiled as soon as I've read what was written.

Jennie,

      Meet me at the old building's library. Let's do our     book assignment together. I'll be waiting.

Lisa

"Dummy" I mumbled to myself and grabbed my bag.

I looked like an idiot. My face is about to tear apart due to too much smiling as I made my way to the library.

I wonder why she chose the old library. No one goes there anymore except for those who really needs an old book.

Or maybe she wants to keep me to herself?

Omy god Jennie, stop dreaming!

The library was quiet, well ofcourse Jennie it should be. But what I'm trying to say is that the library was oddly quiet.

"Lisa?"

I checked every section of the library but there's no Lisa - even her shadow is nowhere to be found.

"Lisa I'm here. Where are you??"

As I continued to walk around the quiet library, my sense of smell caught a scent that made my heart beat harshly.

When I followed the strong scent, I ended up on the last section of the library. I noticed water dripping down from the book racks and when I grabbed one book, I immediately dropped it on the floor because it was soaking wet. When I lifted my hand to my nose, my eyes widened as I realized what the smell was -

Gasoline.

Blag!

My heart pounded hard when I heard the door closed. I turned around and my heart sank to the ground as fire started to consume the library.

Oh God please no.

I tried to look for an escape route,  I reached for the windows but they were all locked from the outside.

"Help!!!"

I panicked as I began to inhale smoke and felt my throat going dry. My vision started to blur and I started to struggle for oxygen. Everything went fast, fire crawled from every corner and it's now all over the place.

I lost hope when I saw the whole library covered in flames.

Mom, dad, will I finally see you?

I sat on the corner, hugged my legs together and started to cry. I'm scared, I don't want to die yet. I still need to hear Lisa say things I wanted to hear.