Queen of Sins

Glory

Glory rested her head back against the window sill, trying to relax in the sun light.

Her head ached with dull throbbing pain that would flair up at random moments during the day.

The note left by the New Age was crumpled in her palm where she had crushed it in frustration. The anger and fear which the parchment had cultivated consumed her, growing ever more dark and urgent as each hour went by.

It had now been three days since Deathbringer had been kidnapped.

Her only comfort was that she was sure he must be alive.

"I believe I can guess your thoughts at this moment."

Glory turned her head.

Her brother, Jambu stood a few feet away smiling.

"Wonderful." she said.

He sat down beside her and took her hand into his grasp.

"You're wondering if he's okay and how you're going to fix this problem."

She sighed. "Yes. Yes I am. There's nothing else I can think of."

He laughed. "Hey I get it, I mean, I'm worried about it too. If you do what they want, I loose my sister and my little niece or nephew. If you don't do what they want I loose my future brother in law. And what's worse is that it's all up to you."

"Thanks Jambu. That's really helpful," Glory snapped.

"Just laying down the facts sister. But hey, it'll be alright. I'm sure nothing bad will happen." he chuckled, holding up his hands defensively.

"Yes and I'm sure an angel is just waiting for the right moment to save everyone." she scoffed.

"That's right," Jambu said brightly, obviously not picking up on the sarcastic tone of her voice.

"But in the mean time, I'm here for you. What's it like? You know, having a little person inside of you? Is it hungry? What does it eat? How does it eat? Gosh I'm so excited, but I'm kind of jealous to be honest, I wonder if I should get impregnated?" Jambu rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

Glory blinked at him for a moment, trying to figure out whether he was being serious or not.

"Jambu . . . you know men can't . . . carry children right?" she asked warily.

"Why not?" he asked.

"Because . . . because they can't."

"But men have stomachs too! Say, how are children made? I don't believe anyone ever told me."

Glory shook her head and went back to staring out of the window.

"I mean, I just figured I would ask you since you're an expert now and all that."

Glory closed her eyes.

"Jambu, don't take this the wrong way or anything, I truly appreciate you trying to help but I think I need to be alone right now."

Jambu stood up.

"Of course! Happy to help!" he squeezed his sisters shoulder gently. "Don't worry Glory, it will all end well, also, if it's a boy, you should name it after me. Or even if it's only a girl, Jambu sounds pretty awesome either way."

Only a girl?!

"See you soon sister!"

Glory didn't bother to answer. Only after the soft creak of the doors closing did she open her eyes.