Waiting

Ocean Flow

"Stop making excuses" Ocean Flow shut her eyes for a moment, trying to regain her determination. 

"If you don't get this job done, Scorpion will be allowed to claim you."

She took a deep breath, opened her eyes and sorted through her things, making sure she had everything.

A large sack, a handkerchief, a sleeping draft and a knife.

Then she waited.

She waited for hours, silent and still as a statue as the sun sank down.

Finally she crept silently down from her perch on the tower roof and peered inside the window bellow her.

There the three princesses slept peacefully. Her target was in plain view. The task couldn't have been easier.

Perfect. She smirked.

Deathbringer

Deathbringer eyed what more of the dungeon he could see as his eyes grew accustomed to the dark.

It was large. Far larger than any he had seen before, and his was not the only cage, neither was it the only one which wasn't empty.

There were, from what he could see, at least one hundred people stuffed in the cages. Some slept, some just lay there with their eyes open, and others, Deathbringer couldn't tell if they continued to lived.

Manatee filled him in with what little knowledge that he had gathered, and Deathbringer filled in what the Seawing couldn't tell him with common sense and soon had a reasonably good idea of what was going on.

"If you're here that means you're useful to 'em in some way" Manatee said sagely.

"Or if they think you're a danger to their little organization."

"What organization?" Deathbringer asked.

"The New Age or some other vague pile of horse crap." Manatee said, scratching his chin.

"The New Age" Deathbringer repeated, frowning. It wasn't much in the way of telling him about his captors.

"And who are these delightful creatures who have captured us?" he asked.

"Dunno. Never seen 'em when I was in the SeaKingdom."

"But what tribe are they from?"

Manatee shrugged.

"Can't tell."

"Well then what do they look like?" Deathbringer pressed.

Manatee stood up and used his hands to illustrate with large, goonish motions what he was describing.

"Big, heavy set, at least most of the ones I've seen, usually brown hair, I guess now I thinks of it they look a good deal like Mudwing soldiers. Been a while though, can't be sure."

"I highly doubt the Mudwings are holding us hostage" Deathbringer said. "Has there been anyone else?"

"Yeah, now you mention it. That one time, few years back when I was taken 'outa my cell for torture, there was this bloke, I remeber him 'cause he was the one who held the barbed whip see. Tall, lithe, blond, with really black eyes that glittered with malice and evil."

"Torture?" Deathbringer asked.

"Oh yeah" Manatee said enthusiastically.

"If you was brought 'ere for information, 'an trust me, they may be goons but they got very persuasive tactics. I'm talking poison in your food and water, cutting off your ears, barbed whips that are coated in a deadly stinging venom, oh and then of course if they really want to get you yapping, they'll wrap wire around your hands and feet and then slowly pull each wire away from you until-"