Forwards to the Past

As a Christmas present, here. The next chapter. The rest will have to wait though, just a little bit longer :)

Hope you enjoy!

By the time Frostbite had been released and they were all walking back the way they came, Deathbringer couldn't ignore the unsettling feeling that they were walking towards a trap.

By now it was almost assured that the alarm would have been raised and they would have people looking for them. Though every instinct in his body told him to run, to leave the others and save himself, he stopped himself and slung Frostbites arm over his shoulder. Boreal had the other and together they supported the IceWing.

"Who are you?" Frostbite asked in a soft, dry voice, seeming only then to notice that Boreal wasn't the only one there.

"Not a rival for your lovers affections if that's what you're really wondering." Deathbringer said.

A ghost of a smile tugged on Frostbites mouth. 

"Good." He said, then looked Deathbringer up and down. "You are very attractive." He said. 

". . . Thank you? But as far as I know, I'm sexually oriented towards women"

The IceWing continued, unperturbed. "Doesn't bother me. In fact I might like to get to know you better, if I wasn't already in love of course."

Deathbringer's eyes widened. He coughed. "It doesn't alarm you then, Boreal, that your lover is so ready to approve other men?"

Boreal shook his head. "There's no shame in window shopping. Besides, when it really comes to it, he's mine and mine alone. And you are anyway. Attractive I mean. Not that I'm interested in you though, just to be clear."

Frostbite didn't bother to contradict him.

"Well, that's . . . that's good then. " He was now sure that he had met the strangest IceWings possibly in the entire world.

"What, is it not the same with your lover? Or do you feel the need to have their eyes and thoughts on you at all times?"

"I suppose I do feel that way."

"Oh, you have a lover then?" Frostbite asked.

"Yes."

There was a clang and the three men turned in alarm to see Aphrodite scrambling to relocate the lantern she had dropped.

"Sorry," she apologized. "My foot caught on something.  I tripped."

"We should hurry," Boreal said, glancing behind them nervously.

"We're almost there," Aphrodite assured. She shouldered past to walk ahead and lead the way.

"How are we getting out?" Frostbite asked, his voice was stronger now.

"The sewer," Boreal answered.

Frostbite wrinkled his nose in distaste. "Oh I'm not sure I fancy that."

"Well I'm sure you'd rather be covered in spoiled food rather than your own guts," Deathbringer said.

Frostbites eyes widened. "You know, I just might." He glanced back again. "Did you hear footsteps?"

Everyone stopped and listened.

"I can't hear anything," Aphrodite said.

"Neither can I," Boreal agreed.

Deathbringer and Frostbite glanced at each other, both with equal amounts of concern of their faces. 
"I may have heard something," said Deathbringer. He began walking again, pulling Frostbite along with him.  "Don't lets wait around to find out if we were right. Hurry up."