Distracted (P2)

Dedicated to @AralinaWillow because you are an amazing friend, and a brilliant writer. I love your book! And I appreciate you so much :) Continue being you, because you are awesome!

Also you support Winterwatcher so, you know . . .

Glory

Glory rolled up the scroll in her hands and placed it on the window seat, trying to keep her hands from shaking.

Grandeur looked at her with concern in her eyes.

"How do you feel?" she asked.

"I-" Glory shut her eyes for a moment.

"I don't know." 

Grandeur frowned slightly. "Are you scared child?"

Glory sat down. "I . . . I suppose I am, in some ways. Are the healers absolutely certain?" she asked.

Grandeur sighed and sat down beside her. "They are the most experienced healers in the Kingdom-though that is not to say that they cannot make mistakes but-."

Glory wrapped her arms around herself to ease the sudden chill that had taken hold of her body.

  "But the chances aren't high." she finished for her grandmother. "I realize that, It's alright."

"No child, it's not. And if we don't do something about this soon, we may be too late. You must make your choice."

Glory nodded.

"How long do they think I have?" she asked.

"Seven months. Eight at the most." the old Queen said.

"So it's already been two" Glory whispered.

Grandeur stood up and placed a hand on the younger woman's shoulder.

"I will leave you with this knowledge. Do try to make up your mind, I dislike the thought of putting more pressure upon your shoulders, but I'm afraid that if you do decide to do something about it, there is only a small window of time before it's too late."

When Grandeur had left, Glory picked up the scroll, unrolled it and gazed at its contents once more.

How could she make such a big decision in such a short amount of time?

She closed her eyes and tried to feel past the shock and general fear that one is justified to feel when receiving such news as she had.

She stood up. 

She knew that she could not make the decision alone. Not one like this. Not one that concerned her life. 

She would need someone else's opinion.

"Have you seen Deathbringer?" Glory asked one of the maid servants, just as she had asked the last six she had come across, all having the same answer to give her.

"No my Lady."

The seventh maid servant however, nodded, much to Glory's relief.

"Indeed I have my Lady, not half an hour ago.  He was headed outside I believe."

"Outside" Glory repeated, confused.

"Why on earth-"

"If I may my Lady, he seemed to me to be quite bothered by something. Troubled I believe"

"I see, thank you. When he returns, will you please send him to my chambers?" Glory asked.

The servant bowed.